This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 months for a factory order???

My dealer tells me because my car will be a factory order it will take 3 months to arrive. Why the long wait? Do vauxhall not have stocks of these cars with various different specs surely they are churning out these cars everyday of the week my car will have white paint,infinity sound,afl lights,climate,tinted rear windows,nav,leather,aero pack. But was willing to be flexible but was told there was not much on the system.

Sound about right, this is just an estimate until the order gets into the production queue you will not get a definite date. Could be quicker.

Most car companies, manufacture cars to requirements else wasted stock, money laying around in fields, etc

Comment

Do dealers not have access to other dealers unsold stock as well as vauxhall a own stock? They wouldn't even show me what was available even after I asked to see if there was a car close to my chosen options.

Comment

Most stock new cars will only have certain specs from cancelled orders.

Car manufacturers (most of them at the least) build to order.. The days of churning out cars with no buyers is dead.. As that's one of the reasons manufacturers have gone bust before
        No VXR
        Abarth and a 330e

Comment

See what Astons of Melton Mowbray have in stock & they free deliver on transporter. Link below

http://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/new-c...5Btax_band%5D=
          sigpic
          Astra GTC (NOW SOLD)
          Mercedes GLA250 2.0 Ltr Turbo Sport 4Matic 7g DCT White
          BMW Z4 sDrive 35is with DCT, 3.0 Ltr Bi-Turbo, Mineral White, Black Leather & Silver Carbon interior, 340 BHP, 450nm with 50nm 7sec over boost, 0-62 = 4.6sec
          'Clique' # 1

Comment

I was told a factory order would have been 8-9weeks, but Astons had a car with the spec I wanted in stock
            Summit White GTC - GONE
            Replaced by Mk7 5dr Golf R
            My Progress Thread

Comment

Once the order is in the system your estimate will probably change for the better. As a few others on here will tell you, those that ordered when the order books first opened had a long wait. I ordered just after 6th march when the prices were out and took delivery at the end of july, that was a killer lol

Comment

I think they just give them-self room to play with. I ordered on the 31st march and it was delivered to the garage Friday

Comment

Ordered 30th march, picked up 5th July
                  No VXR
                  Abarth and a 330e

Comment

Ye thats right mate i was told 3 months but ended up coming after about 2 n half months. Mine was summit white with every optional extra except sound system n bluetooth!

Comment

I don't get it people saying about waiting months for a new vxr gtc at drive Vaux Leicester they have 3 in there showroom white ,black and red all fully loaded the white 1 is the managers demo as he says he had the choice and wanted the white and at marshalls leiceser they have a white 1 in there showroom ?

Comment

Walkers of Worksop have 2 in showroom 1 in Arden Blue and 1 in White both have aero pack.

Comment

3 months is nothing. When I ordered my Chevette HS back in April 1978, I had to wait until May 1979 for delivery!! AND it was worth the wait.
                          The GTC VXR is nothing like it but is still a great car to drive. It does take about 5k to fully loosen up and get the best out of it. Be happy it isn't a longer wait and you WILL be pleased with the car!! Guaranteed!!!

Comment

Ordered and waited 4 months.. Now owned for 12 months and still makes me smile everytime I drive it...

West Midlands Northern Area R.A

Comment

Could be worse, VW build times for the new Golf GTi is around 6 months!!
                              Sold - Arden Blue Astra VXR on 19's
                              Ordered - Pure White Golf GTI on 18's (couldn't stomach paying for 19" tyres any more!)

Comment

Working...
                              X