• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15k for a 2 year only car that was 27k new, sounds bad to me
    probably why ive only ever bought one car brand new
    13 reg Arden Blue

Comment

Dealers of a different brand will always price lower than a dealer of the same make. It's sales psychology. It helps to make the customer think the dealer's brand holds it's price better than the opposition. It's the same sort of reasoning as estate agents pricing a house at £299,995 instead of £300,000. Only £5.00 but sounds a much better deal.

Comment

Originally posted by PHilA View Post
        I never paid £27000 for it, I paid £20000 with 3800 miles on the clock and it's a ex demo so got the lifetime warranty

Think people are in the wrong game buying cars if they think there going to make money!

Oh and I was happy with the valuation

Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Lee2003 View Post
          I never paid £27000 for it, I paid £20000 with 3800 miles on the clock and it's a ex demo so got the lifetime warranty

Think people are in the wrong game buying cars if they think there going to make money!

Oh and I was happy with the valuation

Lee
          I think you can by cars that will make you money....but you have to get what people or experts consider 'landmark cars' or future classics. But it's hard to tell what will be and what won't be a future classic.

On a positive note....the astra burg, a good clean example is holding its value at around 10k. The more rarer it gets I have a feeling it could be a future classic hatchback...what you guys think?
          Nurburgring #234

Comment

Originally posted by lzr View Post
            I think you can by cars that will make you money....but you have to get what people or experts consider 'landmark cars' or future classics. But it's hard to tell what will be and what won't be a future classic.

On a positive note....the astra burg, a good clean example is holding its value at around 10k. The more rarer it gets I have a feeling it could be a future classic hatchback...what you guys think?
            Maybe but it's never going to have the cult following of the focus RS so I would say that it's got maybe to to bottom of where it's going to be but I'll doubt it'll go up in valve unless it's one that's perfect.

Last time I looks there's only 2000 VXR j registered so there's no lots of these either.

I've just looked up my previous emails from WBAC from oct last year and they valued the car @ £14250 with 5000 miles less on it.

You can read into that how you like

Lee

Comment

Am thinking about replacing mine with a burg maybe next year as I have always wanted one plus need the extra cash for a deposit on a house.

Comment

I was offered £14k for mine the other day! 13 plate with 15300miles with full leather, navi 600 upgraded to 900, infinity, aero pack, tpms and AFLs
                Summit White GTC - GONE
                Replaced by Mk7 5dr Golf R
                My Progress Thread

Comment

Just going to jump in and offer my 1c

My Clubsport was 22k new.

I bought it 3 months old with 400 miles on it for 14k that's some depreciation right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  White VXR Clubsport.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackering View Post
                    Just going to jump in and offer my 1c

My Clubsport was 22k new.

I bought it 3 months old with 400 miles on it for 14k that's some depreciation right there.

Crikey...makes you wonder what the previous owner got for it!!!

This depreciation is admittedly not great for people who have bought new but it makes it ridiculously good value for people buying used.
                    Astra J GTC , Aero Kit, Summit White, LED DRLs, LED reg bulbs, private plate

Comment

Originally posted by MRizzle View Post
                      Crikey...makes you wonder what the previous owner got for it!!!

This depreciation is admittedly not great for people who have bought new but it makes it ridiculously good value for people buying used.
                      It was ex demo!

White VXR Clubsport.

Comment

Originally posted by StuW View Post
                        I was offered £14k for mine the other day! 13 plate with 15300miles with full leather, navi 600 upgraded to 900, infinity, aero pack, tpms and AFLs
                        They would stick that up for sale at £17,500 easy.
                        13 reg Arden Blue

Comment

I can a decent low milage Astra burg been worth more than a J at the rate it's going
                          sigpic

Astra vxr complete

Full TMS rebuild Owens HTA k04

Comment

I've just got shot of the J for 20k and got a golf R. Love it and I know it'll hold its value.
                            Will keep the Corsa vxr for another 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by PHilA View Post
                              Yet in contrast I looked at the new TT the other weekend; I can get a better deal on new than I can used because of finance rates?

It worked out that the money I would have saved on list price would have been paid to a finance company instead
                              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                              sigpic
                              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by RobT2233 View Post
                                I've just got shot of the J for 20k and got a golf R. Love it and I know it'll hold its value.
                                Will keep the Corsa vxr for another 12 months
                                How much was the Golf R? Not a fan of VW or their cars really tbh that thing is rapid, especially when mapped!

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                                Yet in contrast I looked at the new TT the other weekend; I can get a better deal on new than I can used because of finance rates?

It worked out that the money I would have saved on list price would have been paid to a finance company instead
                                Similar sort of thing with the J which is why it is depreciating so much over the first year - you're better off getting it brand new then a few months old plus the finance on top as it's 0% finance. That's what I ended up doing as well, it cost me around £1000 more to buy new than 3 months old + finance.

Comment

Working...
                                X