X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-R Performance remap for astra j VXR

Hi, everyone.
    Has anyone had a remap by this company; G-R Performance in mexborough, Sheffield? I think they've previously remapped an astra j vxr and wondered if anyone knows who it was? I'm keen on knowing how it feels to drive and what it compares to regal 's remaps. I've just bought AS induction kit and hose, 4 piece remus exhaust with Cobra sports cat, airtec intercooler kit. Just need to find time to fit them and go somewhere for a remap?

Anyone suggest where to go for remap? I'm from sheffield area
    Thanks,
    Lee
    Rabbid Remaps- Stage 3
    340bhp 425Lbft
    AS induction kit with induction hose
    Airtec intercooler kit
    Cobra sports cat with remus 4 piece exhaust

Personally I'd travel you have a few choices nearby such as RS Tuning Leeds and RnD in York before you have to travel too far - these guys will have done more than the one as well

Astra

Comment

GR have a very good rep for mapping any car! r22cpl on here knows them very well he has a J pm him. but hes been quite recently

Comment

Originally posted by VXRgolfpro View Post
        GR have a very good rep for mapping any car! r22cpl on here knows them very well he has a J pm him. but hes been quite recently
        Weird how he deleted all his posts on the thread with the RR figures etc

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...gures-are-good.

Astra

Comment

???? Dunno

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll have to contact a few tuning companies tomorrow. I don't fancy driving nearly 4 hours to rabbid to wait around for 3 hours to then travel back 4 hours again. Might have to get the missus insured on the car and share the driving. Ha
            I'll pm r22cpl, i wonder if he's from around my area.
            Have any of your had any geometry set up on your car for handling?
            Rabbid Remaps- Stage 3
            340bhp 425Lbft
            Airtec intercooler kit

Comment

He's from Scotland
              Just fitted some rss springs to mine
              You after a custom map or something like the regal eds?

Comment

I rang GNJ motorsport early and asked for a price for the eds ipf unit as I bought all my parts from there a couple of days ago; wish I saw the group buy for the cooler before buying mine. For some reason he couldn't get a price over the phone, so I left him my number to contact me back but he must have been busy.
                I'm interested in both, I'd like the fact of a custom remap but tbh I haven't had enough experience in the two options.
                How's the ipf unit for you? Have you tried any other J's which have custom remap for comparison?
                Rabbid Remaps- Stage 3
                340bhp 425Lbft
                Airtec intercooler kit

Comment

Grahame did it all for me I get free upgrades in stages so I'm happy with that I just go through to Blackburn. Not been in a other J to be fair I'm at stage 2 just no cooler yet I had a 14 plate Audi s3 today up my **** pulled over on a duel carriage way both booted it and I left him think stock he would be passing me

Comment

Why would you not travel to get the car maped by someone how knows what they are doing the j is not an easy car to map right.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

True, i'm just busy at the minute with work. I'm struggling to find the time to install the parts.
                      I'm going to have to bite the bullet and travel down south.
                      Rabbid Remaps- Stage 3
                      340bhp 425Lbft
                      Airtec intercooler kit

Comment

Better off going to somewhere that knows what they're doing mate, as said the J is a difficult car to map because of the locked down ECU.

Also, RnD haven't touched a J yet and won't do till later on in the year.

Comment

Buy this from Sweden Then you can do it yourself and reinstall to standard software whenever you like.
                          http://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/2777

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                            Weird how he deleted all his posts on the thread with the RR figures etc

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...gures-are-good.
                            he returned car to standard, lives Scunthorpe way...... think he got bored with this forum lol

Comment

I'm booked in with rabbid on 6th July. Can't wait for stage 3
                              Rabbid Remaps- Stage 3
                              340bhp 425Lbft
                              Airtec intercooler kit

Comment

Working...
                              X