This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra J VXR Decat Downpipe

Guys, just want to get peoples opinions on this, there are so many on the market now days so which is the best one to choose from. Yes stay away from the cheap ones or unrecognised brands but when it comes to Cobra/Piper/Nortech then the price difference is quite a bit.

Is there really any difference between them long term and performance wise or is it just the case to say "Yes" I have one of those fitted.

Can one justify paying 400 notes for a Nortech or go for Cobra for 300 etc...

Pretty sure WGMotorworks have them on offer at the moment. Not sure on the brand as I can't remember, but pretty sure they're 3.5"

Comment

Nortech do a 3.5" Downpipe for aroudn 450 I think, all other brands do 3.0" downpipe for around 300 and I believe Regal have just started to sell a 3.5" Downpipe in conjunction with Miltek but unsure of the price.

As for the performance difference and benefit between 3.0" and 3.5", i'm not sure, i've not seen any figures on it so far.

Comment

Seems like the 3.5 inch makes a decent difference over the 3. I would go directly for the 3.5 when your at it!
        -Vissa-
        Current: Type R FK2 2016

Previous: J OPC 2012

Comment

I have been running the Piper 3'' down pipe for around 6 months and have just up-graded it for the Nortech as I am thinking on going for the stage 3 hybrid turbo.
          The main difference I can feel when driving the car is that it pulls harder higher up the rev range and the car wants to rev more.
          It all depends what power you want to run to stop spending money that you don't need too? If you are going for stage 3 / 3 + I would get the Nortech then you will not need to upgrade again. If not stick with a 3'' and save some money. Wish the Nortech was out before I bought the Piper.

Comment

I run with a cobra front pipe double decat and centre box delet just a straight through pipe to standard back box awsome sounding lots of pops and bangs

Comment

Cheers guys, been meaning to reply but have some more Q's. I know that some of you change the downpipe at home and keen to do it myself and feel confident but what I am after is peoples views on how they have done it, that is for example jacked the front end up an then on axle stands etc...

It is not lowered so standard suspension and in the process of getting a trolley jack, probably a low profile one and looking at SGS with some axles stands as well. The question is this (obviously with safety in mind...) how far would you have to raise the front end up and put on axle stands to change the downpipe comfortably. Looked at where you can support the axles stands, and it looks like the cross member or box section that runs from front to back either side (end of the second exhaust section/joint).

The trolley jack I am looking at with the axles stands, not sure if this height is adequate at a max 359mm:
              http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garag...se-axle-stands

The next one up is (and more expensive..) with a max height of 460mm:
              http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garag...m-trolley-jack
              http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garag...s3-axle-stands

Or this sucker with 535mm:
              http://www.sgs-engineering.com/garag...th-axle-stands

Anyway, after some advice please. Maybe overkill on the above but safety is important (yeah take it to the garage, I know but then I like to do things myself as well.)

Comment

...and keen to do it myself...
                May the force be with you

Comment

Aye boss, with some plasters and coffee lol

Originally posted by FreshDriver View Post
                  May the force be with you

Comment

Originally posted by Astra_VXR View Post
                    Aye boss, with some plasters and coffee lol
                    Make sure to get new gaskets.

Comment

Cheers Fresh, do you by chance have the part numbers for these mate. Also what do you recon with the trolley jack Q's, don't say you have a ramp - if you do put the kettle on and I will bring the biscuits lol

Comment

Originally posted by Astra_VXR View Post
                        Cheers Fresh, do you by chance have the part numbers for these mate. Also what do you recon with the trolley jack Q's, don't say you have a ramp - if you do put the kettle on and I will bring the biscuits lol
                        Part Number in red is the Vauxhall part number, anyhow the GM dealer can find the equivalent in GM part number.

Comment

Thanks Fresh, got a couple ordered.

Comment

Any thoughts of the trolley jack / axle stands guys please

Comment

go for the lowest profile you can otherwise it doesn't fit under the side skirts.
                              I'm going to get a new one soon
                              13 reg Arden Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X