This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting gearbox linkage = No reverse gear

When adjusting the gearbox linkage as per the how to instructions it seems that the gear lever gets shifted to the left making the reverse gear now 1st gear ad consequently the original position of 3rd gear became 5th gear which. Anyone had this happen??
    -=2014 Astra OPC=-
    sigpic
    Summit White|Aero Pack|206kW|400Nm|1530kg

Hi there make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, have you disengaged the gear stick and turned it round and made sure it locks into the two holes, also make sure you then lock in the gearbox tab then disengage the tabs on the linkages, the gearbox lock will only engage in the correct position. I would imagine you have not done the gear stick part correct that's why you have lost reverse, have another go mate I'm sure you will have success👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic
    Arden Blue / Areo pack / Navi 600 / Xenon AFL lights / DAB /Bluetooth / LED DLR,S/ LED number plate lights
    LED rear lights rear park assist / K&N panel filter
    20" rims 279 BHP
    Miles of Smiles

Comment

pull out the plastic black lever on the gearbox and re-adjust the stick.

Comment

Originally posted by John w View Post
        Hi there make sure you follow the instructions to the letter, have you disengaged the gear stick and turned it round and made sure it locks into the two holes, also make sure you then lock in the gearbox tab then disengage the tabs on the linkages, the gearbox lock will only engage in the correct position. I would imagine you have not done the gear stick part correct that's why you have lost reverse, have another go mate I'm sure you will have success👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Thanks John. I'll give it a go this evening. I may have disengaged the two tabs on the left and right linkage before I locked the gearbox tab.
        -=2014 Astra OPC=-
        sigpic
        Summit White|Aero Pack|206kW|400Nm|1530kg

Comment

Working...
        X