Gearbox oil change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox oil change

Do i need to tell VX to put 2.2l in , as there is still 0.3l left in the box.

What is everyone using ,as i might supply it myself.

£75 inc VAT seem a bit steep , seen as the car is in for a service and MOT, and already going to be on the ramp.

Gearbox oil change should be a sticky , with the cars getting a bit old now.

as long as they put a minimum of two litres back into the gearbox it should be okay

Having the gearbox oil changed on the J vxr should be part of the engine service schedule

Comment

There is a how to on gearbox oil change. I refill with 2l everytime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      -=2014 Astra OPC=-
      sigpic
      Summit White|Aero Pack|206kW|400Nm|1530kg

Comment

id supply your own , no reason it can be done while the oil is draining out of the engine but if you go main dealer you can expect to be fleeced

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarl03 View Post
          There is a how to on gearbox oil change. I refill with 2l everytime

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Can you provide a link to where this how to guide is please. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ge-gearbox-oil

Comment

Guys, 2 days ago I replaced gearbox oil in my Astra and .... only 1.7 litre came out so I was happy to pour in the whole 2.4 litre. It was easy but my smile was taken out the next morning. A little bit of oil spilled on the floor, bottom of the trans is soaked up, under chassis brace is also covered in oil....
              I inspected the sides and top of the gearbox but all clean.
              My only suspicion is the new oil drain plug, it has the washer while the original one didnt. My question is, is F40 (manual) supposed to have a washer? I also tightened the plug using torque wrench set to 50 Nm.

Comment

Working...
              X