This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something for the J VXR Owners

Hey guys. I’m a qualified mechanic and aspiring Automotive YouTuber. Here is a little something I put together for the VXR community.

https://youtu.be/mnSG9SXzUhQ

Enjoy. Sorry about my nervousness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2006 Astra H VXR - (Build No. 10 HSV Australia) - Stage 3/Flex Fuel Ready (TTS/Rabbid)

I've subbed and will watch later. I've just started out myself on the whole YouTube thing it's daunting

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post
      I've subbed and will watch later. I've just started out myself on the whole YouTube thing it's daunting

Thanks mate. Yeah it really is.

2006 Astra H VXR - (Build No. 10 HSV Australia) - Stage 3/Flex Fuel Ready (TTS/Rabbid)

Comment

Looks good. Did you only fit the front powerflex engine mount? Are you going to do the rear? It's a bit harder.
        I like the engine cover.

Comment

Thanks mate. Yes, only the front mount. I will do the rear one when I change the downpipe, just to have better clearance.
          Got the engine cover hydro dipped

Comment

Have you seen that Powerflex are doing rear exhaust mounts for the J, these are a lot stiffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Klystron View Post
              Have you seen that Powerflex are doing rear exhaust mounts for the J, these are a lot stiffer.
              The two upper mountings at the rear? I think I have seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRRy View Post

W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Good video! Iv subscribed

Comment

Good vid - subscribed.

Interesting to see not using OE gm oil for the gbox. Not heard of anything else recommended thats compatible with the diff.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
                    Astra - Power Red
                    Courtenay Sport - Stage 3

NOW: Astra J - White
                    Let's see what happens with this one...

Comment

I've have it in my gearbox for over a year, no issues with it.

Comment

Great video! Will definitely be subscribing and watching for more
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJC317 View Post
                          Thanks mate. Yes, only the front mount. I will do the rear one when I change the downpipe, just to have better clearance.
                          Got the engine cover hydro dipped
                          How does the car feel like driving with the front bush do you feel any vibrations or so ?
                          Opel Astra OPC MY16.5 Flash Blue

sigpic

From Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Darkrain82 View Post
                            Great video! Will definitely be subscribing and watching for more
                            Thanks mate, appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Xor View Post
                              How does the car feel like driving with the front bush do you feel any vibrations or so ?
                              The engine certainly moves less and it makes the car feel a little more direct. These are the yellow street and track busing inserts. They also have black ones which are even more stiffer.
                              You do feel more vibrations, which is a given since it's basically stiffening up the engine mounting. It doesn't bother me, and its not that bad.

I find the vibration more so when the car is initially started on fast idle, and upon initial acceleration and hard deceleration with high RPM's. Also find with the aircon when its first turned on and then when the engine RPM drops with it running. All in all, happy with the upgrade and will likely post an impression video.

Comment

Working...
                              X