Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 2/Pops & Bangs

Need some advise here.

So back in August I had an induction kit, Scorpion secondary de-cat & a Scorpion non res cat back fitted. Had it remapped to a stage 1 which went very well with no problems.

Today I had a Scorpion primary de-cat fitted & had it remapped to a stage 2 was hoping to increase the power as well as get some pops & bangs from the exhaust.

No pops & bangs but the power increased slightly but at top end. But from 40mph if I give it some the clutch slips.

From what I’ve been told this is normal so I would need to invest in an upgraded clutch & that Astra J VXR’s can’t get pops & bangs mapped in.

I have attached dyno graph results below.

Any help & advise will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by som72som; 14th September 2018, 10:36 AM.

Direct injection = much more efficient burning of fuel so none spare to ignite and bang.

You need an H to get them.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
      Direct injection = much more efficient burning of fuel so none spare to ignite and bang.

You need an H to get them.
      Cheers mate, any ideas on the clutch slipping?

Comment

I'm not the best to advise you on that mate. I'm an H owner and only really extensively know about that lol.

I just know that the J used direct injection like the vag cars, so pops and bangs aren't as forthcoming as from the older H.
        W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
          I'm not the best to advise you on that mate. I'm an H owner and only really extensively know about that lol.

I just know that the J used direct injection like the vag cars, so pops and bangs aren't as forthcoming as from the older H.
          Ok cheers fella [emoji1303]

Comment

Just had my J done at WG Motorworks to Stage 2 and I was told that the clutch can slip, apparently it's hit and miss. Last year I had a new clutch and flywheel and luckily my clutch does not slip at Stage 2.

I do not get pops and bangs.

My Stage 2 included a primary de-cat (secondary left in), induction kit and uprated spark plugs. One thing I've noticed on your graph is your torque is quite low for a Stage 2 and I am surprised your clutch is slipping at 347lbft but I suppose if it's worn it will slip. Mine is making 390lbft and 320bhp and it's fine. Quite an odd torque curve as well but I suppose each tuner does it different.

I recommend you either replace the stock clutch or take the opportunity to go for an uprated clutch... See here for more details:

http://shop.wgmotorworks.co.uk/index...&search=clutch

You retain the stock DMF with the uprated clutch.

Cheers

Comment

Here’s my graph

Comment

Originally posted by V*X*R View Post
                Here’s my graph

Thanks for your response, I think I will contact WG & pop to see them. Would you have their contact details mate?

Comment

Best thing to do is send an email to [email protected]. He’ll normally reply the following morning. If they aren’t local then use Courtenay Sport instead as they are also highly rated for tuning / mapping

Comment

Best thing to do is send an email to [email protected]. He’ll normally reply the following morning. If they aren’t local then use Courtenay Sport instead as they are also highly rated for tuning / mapping
                    Thanks mate

Comment

So I’ve finally got around to going over to WG & had a stage 2 clutch fitted & remapped on their dyno for a stage 2. I must say the service & the knowledge is second to none & I’m very pleased with the results. See the graph for details.

Comment

Nice one, graph is looking much better. Love the "unknown map"! The torque on that is totally ruined!

Glad you got it sorted bet it's so much better now.

Comment

Nice one, graph is looking much better. Love the "unknown map"! The torque on that is totally ruined!

Glad you got it sorted bet it's so much better now.
                          Mate I wish I had gone to WG initially, but you learn from your mistakes. The car is running as it should & feels brilliant to drive now.

Comment

Working...
                          X