Power Steering Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Help?

So i was driving a week ago and all of a sudden lose my power steering. I get it home and get it into a garage who after 3 days say i need a scanner that Vauxhall haven’t released yet but the power steering pump might have gone. I take it away from there for a second opinion and this time im told after just 6 hours that after speaking to Vauxhall they can confirm its a known fault but not enough people have complained for them to force a recall. Im told in simple terms theres nothing wrong with my car, the power steering just doesnt work for no apparent reason. Im also told i can pay £800 for a new pump to be fitted but that only fixes ‘some’ of them... even if i pay for the whole steering rack to be replaced this also only fixes ‘some’.... what am i supposed to do next? Scrap it for no apparent reason? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this mate. A change of power steering fluid corrected it. I cant remember which one now, sorry.
    STEALTH

Comment

Ment to say also I changed everything only to be eventually told that after contacting HQ they needed to flush the system and put different fluid in. Solved it, lucky was still under warranty.
      STEALTH

Comment

Working...
      X