This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Advice Please Yes or No!!

My vixer has just clicked over the 1,000 miles i was thinking about dropping the oil now and changing the filter.... Yes i know its not needed!! But surley it would get rid of any debris that's built up threw the running in period??

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Arden VXR; 19 July 2010, 01:47 PM.

i would do it mate.
    sigpic

Comment

They are run in on a bench so the oil you have won't have any debris that they used to collect (when you use to have running in oil back in the day)

But on the other hand it wont do any harm and iirc I did change ours as well

Astra

Comment

I did a change at 1,000 on my Vixer.. Only going to do it good

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
          i would do it mate.
          Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          They are run in on a bench so the oil you have won't have any debris that they used to collect (when you use to have running in oil back in the day)

But on the other hand it wont do any harm and iirc I did change ours as well
          Originally posted by Lawro View Post
          I did a change at 1,000 on my Vixer.. Only going to do it good

Thanks guys

Comment

definately a good thing and i think vaux should but this in the service manual. then continue to drop the oil every 5000 miles or so to keep it running tip top ive just done oil filter and plugs after about 8000 (was a little late) and the car feels smoother now, defiantely worth doing!

Comment

Working...
            X