X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with this strange noise!

Hi

I get this very strange noise! ive had it for around 2 - 3 months!

basically this noise comes ONLY at 1,900 revs! no where else! basically if i rev the car above 1,900 when the revs drop and hit 1,900 it makes a grown/deep rumble noise!

It is noticeable louder when the car is cold! when it gets hot after 10 - 20 minutes it can hear it but barely!

its confuses me at how it is only at 1,900 :S

Anyhelp please

Thanks

What speed are you doing when it happens? u sure its not the rear wheel bearings? ive just had mine done after 20,000 miles i could only hear it between 30-40 mph

Comment

Funnily when one set of bearings went it went loud over 40mph and on the other set it went loud up to 40mph !
      CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
      sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
      MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

no this even happens when im sitting at idle! it sounds like it comes from the front of the car! werid noise! and its only at 1,900 revs!

If i just hold this throttle at 1,900 the noise happens all the time :S! Weird! why only this rev lol

Comment

no this even happens when im sitting at idle! it sounds like it comes from the front of the car! werid noise! and its only at 1,900 revs!

If i just hold this throttle at 1,900 the noise happens all the time :S! Weird! why only this rev lol

Comment

Turbo...?

Mate seriously get your *** and your car to a VX garage or tuner asap...

There could be 50 different reasons why your car is making noiuses... none of us will know for sure we can only guess. A VX garage upon inspection can be certain of the fault basically.

I'd rather have certainty from a VX garage than a guess from a VX forum.

Comment

true mate! i see where your coming from! spoke to my dads mate who works on cars and he said it wouldnt be the turbo as it would do it at all revs or would lose oil and smoke! it wouldnt just do it at one certain rev?

Comment

Sounds like a flat spot. air meter suggestion?
                Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                sigpic
                Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

im not to sure mate! does it when just sitting then and i free rev it! also does it while driving and the revs come down by thereself slow and hit 1,900 and then makes the noise! very werid! not to worried atm as i really dont think its serious! but i just wanna know what it is lol

Comment

Could be the bearing in the belt tensioner, had this go on my old corsa at 18000 miles !!

Comment

ohh.. ok cheers mate! does it need changing straight away if it was this??

Comment

Before I had my car tuned, it made a air flow noise at 1-2k rpm couldnt only really hear it when stationary. The turbo and manifold got replaced and before they did that they replaced the throttle body but that wasnt the cause of the problem. The problem was the turbo seals had gone due to the pressure of the oil supposidly breakin down the seals.

They "apparently" fitted a new modified turbo unit so it shouldnt do it again, one year down the line car is making the same noise again so got it booked in tomoz morning. My car only does it when its fully heated up and even more so after a spirited drive.

Comment

ahh! my car aint like that mate! its only at one certain rev 1,900 and its louder when cold! and bearly noticeable when hot! and it doesnt do it everytime

Comment

Working...
                          X