X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odometer trip computer not working

Hi,

Not sure if it is something i'm doing wrong, but when i start my car up the trip computer comes on under the fuel gauge. it shows miles/gal then a circle with a line through, which it never did before and now does work out my miles per gallon. i have tried resetting by pressing o on the wiper stalk, it resets the figure but still shows the circle with the line through. i have changed the functions and the only other time the circle with the line through appears is when it says "miles".

can someone please advise me on what i should do.

Thanks

am i right in thinking the circle with the line through it is the average miles per gallon?? if so then once its reached its proper mpg it takes ages to move. If you wanna clear it, trying holding the reset button for a few secs

Comment

I think your right reidy iirc, if you turn the end of the right stalk one turn, cant remember wich way. That will show you your instant mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
        I think your right reidy iirc, if you turn the end of the right stalk one turn, cant remember wich way. That will show you your instant mpg.
        thought so, once the average mpg settles down it seems to stay at the same figures unless you change your driving style

Comment

I see what you all mean i must have changed it by mistake when switching my wipers on and thought it had stopped working.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mike85 View Post
            I see what you all mean i must have changed it by mistake when switching my wipers on and thought it had stopped working.

Thanks everyone
            get yourself round the block, change it and let us know we were right, LOL

Comment

Turn the right stalk at the end, it will show you your instant mpg on one of the displays. I think the one your on about is your average mpg mate, like you say you must have switched it on accident.

Comment

Working...
              X