This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de-cat

Hi, i was just wondering why when you de-cat the car does the engin management light come on? is the de-cat doing damage to the car?

need it rempped mate
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 002veitch View Post
      Hi, i was just wondering why when you de-cat the car does the engin management light come on? is the de-cat doing damage to the car?
      did you get a de-cat down pipe or did you get rid of the main cat in the center section?

Comment

The emissions light will come on if you decat the centre section, a remap or cat being the only fix.

Its also an MOT failure on emissions.
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by jamie615 View Post
          did you get a de-cat down pipe or did you get rid of the main cat in the center section?
          it a full system, as pre cat out and the actuall main cat also out! is there any way of capping off the lambra sensor to stop it happening, as i dont want a remap?

Comment

it a full system, as pre cat out and the actuall main cat also out! is there any way of capping off the lambra sensor to stop it happening, as i dont want a remap?

Originally posted by Regal
            The Pre-cat pipe frees up the flow so much it may cause an over boost situation, usually we wind the actuator all the way off and retension with 1 turn of preload.

Check the boost with a boost guage, you should be setting the boost to 17psi, and no higher.
            I know some people have got a decat without a remap, but it would be safer getting one

Comment

thanks, will have to save up the 500 for a remap then! you can feel alot more lag now, i take it that is it messing with the boost then?

Comment

thanks, will have to save up the 500 for a remap then! you can feel alot more lag now, i take it that is it messing with the boost then?
                Map and you will of course invalidate whats left of your warranty
                sigpic

Comment

is it a full system you have on yours tom?

Comment

Nope, only Remus down pipe and back box
                    sigpic

Comment

the whole problem is the lambda is taking readings out of its parameters thats why its bringing management light on it wont damage your car as its just telling you theres something not right thats all. a remap will adjust the parameters so it thinks its the right emissions levels. the manufacturers set these levels for the environment friendly side of things. if you blank off the lambda it will just do the same as it needs the sensor to send the signal and reading back to the ECU. only way is the correct map for no cat codes and as far as i know the eds ipf regal mapping unit has this facility. hope this helps
                      Last edited by VXRCORSA888; 23 July 2010, 02:36 AM.

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

thanks, that does make it alot clearer, as i didnt know whether the decat was damaging the car without a map, but i now know that its fine till i get the map! thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                        X