Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats the issue?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • whats the issue?

    got the twin piston baileys dumpvalve when first fitted you could hear the noise and could for a good 8/9 months but now you cant hear it really.

    Havent had any issues with the car with regards to this although i have stopped using vpower for quite some time - could this be related also my panel filter has never been cleaned yet prehaps adding to the issue?

    whats your thoughts, fuel related? - starting to rebuy vpower - had a tank of it since using the basic fuel for quite some time now

    also check dumpvalve and hoses and everything is SOLID tight and the way its always been.

    regards

  • #2
    If i was you i would try give the panel filter a little clean and use Vpower again. But i don't really know anything about Dump Valves lol. But give it a try anyway

    Comment


    • #3
      Could be diaphragm or spring issue within the DV.....
      2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
      2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

      2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
      Originally posted by Flinty
      as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hornby View Post
        got the twin piston baileys dumpvalve when first fitted you could hear the noise and could for a good 8/9 months but now you cant hear it really.

        Havent had any issues with the car with regards to this although i have stopped using vpower for quite some time - could this be related also my panel filter has never been cleaned yet prehaps adding to the issue?

        whats your thoughts, fuel related? - starting to rebuy vpower - had a tank of it since using the basic fuel for quite some time now

        also check dumpvalve and hoses and everything is SOLID tight and the way its always been.

        regards
        Just do yourself and the car a favour and scrap the DV and just get a ITG panel filter, the corsa doesnt really like DVs and not worth the money, many members have had problems with DVs bringing there EML on and making there car run like cr4p

        Sorry mate

        Comment


        • #5
          well aved never had an issue with mine apart from the noise not coming through - i have the courts hoses with the dv outlet - if i removed the dv can you get a tight plug for the opening on the hose? may just scrap it m8

          Comment


          • #6
            should get a metal bung off ebay to bung the dv spout mate

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mark1vxr View Post
              should get a metal bung off ebay to bung the dv spout mate
              +1

              25mm one, about £5
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

              PSN: TomFL12

              Comment


              • #8
                could someone provide me a link kindly as i dont know exactly what i am looking for and would it be 25mm? - they are the courts hoses, looking forward to getting rid of the dv - so folks if anyone wants to buy it get in touch could put it on ebay for say 50quid

                Comment


                • #9
                  i got this one mate

                  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

                  need a jubilee clip on it too though remember
                  Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                  Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                  sigpic
                  Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                  South East Regional Organiser

                  PSN: TomFL12

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    thanks m8, so will this be super airtight say? looking forward to getting it off to be fair woooo


                    ***** bought - thanks for link *****
                    Last edited by hornby; 22 July 2010, 02:09 PM.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X