This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• headlights

hey, ive had my VXR about 2 months now and am thinking about getting some xenon headlights. Thing is i want the headlights with the projector lights on and apon looking all i seem to be able to find is the R8 style ones with the LED lights on which i dont want.

Does anyone have any idea where i can get simple headlights which have the xenon projector lights on?

http://www.eidiproikos.gr/lichanidis...AS-DLOPK22.jpg

^^^^ something like that

Reidy changed his normal headlights for the corsa afl ones! Even though the alf won't work you will have projector lamps and still look standard!

He picked up a bargin but I think they are £200 each but eBay is ur best bet for a cheaper price!
    sigpic

Comment

are they legal though? ive been looking and i have seen to make them legal you need to have a special headlight unit

Comment

Well for them to be legal they basically have to be factory fitted! You need washer jets, auto levelling bla bla! That's why the cost so much! However you will not be botherd by the police unless they look super blue! 6000k and below will be fine and pass a mot! I know loads of people with them and had them for years! If you are just going for the look just get mtec bulbs but if you are doing it to see further then xenon all the way! I hope that made sense! Lol
        sigpic

Comment

yes mate makes perfect sense. i like the look and the brightness which will make it easier to see in the dark! all i wanted to know was that they will get through the MOT fine. If they do then thats all the help i need. Cheers fella :-)

Comment

The projector ones you linked are ones ive considered getting for a long time... a few people have them in black.

HIDs as an aftermarket fix arent technically legal and can void insurance but as above, many people have them.

I prefer the MTec cosmos blue straight replacement headlights personally.
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
              The projector ones you linked are ones ive considered getting for a long time... a few people have them in black.

HIDs as an aftermarket fix arent technically legal and can void insurance but as above, many people have them.

I prefer the MTec cosmos blue straight replacement headlights personally.
              Nooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                Nooooooooooo
                hehehe

Do you want me to write it into the "user guide" thread - NO HIDs
                Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                sigpic
                Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                  hehehe

Do you want me to write it into the "user guide" thread - NO HIDs
                  With a pic of Robbie Williams on ya profile no one would take you serious, he he

Comment

Originally posted by kevans View Post
                    Well for them to be legal they basically have to be factory fitted! You need washer jets, auto levelling bla bla! That's why the cost so much! However you will not be botherd by the police unless they look super blue! 6000k and below will be fine and pass a mot! I know loads of people with them and had them for years! If you are just going for the look just get mtec bulbs but if you are doing it to see further then xenon all the way! I hope that made sense! Lol
                    the law on headlamp washers applies to factory fitted xenons only.....not aftermarket however, the DFT does recomend em on the aftermarket aswell

Comment

my 2007 Corsa had its first MOT july 13th, passed with no problems, i have had 8000k HID conversion from nearly new, as long as there is a beam pattern it will be fine for the mot, try to avoid cheap ebay kits as they fade over time, i found that out the hard way, i got my new bulbs from Crazy LED's .com and they have a perfect beam patten, and all in normal non afl lamps, But they do look much cooler with the afl units,
                      hope this helps

Comment

its uip to the garage carrying out the MOT to pass you or not, in your case it doesn not sound like they fully understood that for your car to be road legal, it must have projectors in conjuction with your HIDs

Comment

Originally posted by Danny B View Post
                          my 2007 Corsa had its first MOT july 13th, passed with no problems, i have had 8000k HID conversion from nearly new, as long as there is a beam pattern it will be fine for the mot, try to avoid cheap ebay kits as they fade over time, i found that out the hard way, i got my new bulbs from Crazy LED's .com and they have a perfect beam patten, and all in normal non afl lamps, But they do look much cooler with the afl units,
                          hope this helps
                          Glad you are loving the HIDs mate, I am a great lover of them and i put them on every car that doesnt have them as standard.

The only thing i would say for you is i think 8000k may be a bit blue looking and may cause a bit of bad attention from Mr Plod, if i was you i would lower the temp to 6000k.

either way im glad there is another HID lover

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                            Glad you are loving the HIDs mate, I am a great lover of them and i put them on every car that doesnt have them as standard.

The only thing i would say for you is i think 8000k may be a bit blue looking and may cause a bit of bad attention from Mr Plod, if i was you i would lower the temp to 6000k.

either way im glad there is another HID lover
                            me too! one of the best mods you can do to the corsa is HIDs as they make them look even fresher with them. i still think vx shouldve equipped them standard on the corsa as they did the astra with afl's

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                              me too! one of the best mods you can do to the corsa is HIDs as they make them look even fresher with them. i still think vx shouldve equipped them standard on the corsa as they did the astra with afl's
                              I think the corsa would of had HIDs on as standard like the Astra but by the time VX fitted the better interior and exterior then the astra the properly run out of money so they started to skimp on a few things like bulbs, bearings etc

I love HIDs, i know a few ppl mention about grey area pattern but the Halagon light is like a total grey area for what good they do and if you buy a decent set and not a cheap Hong Kong set for 50p then you shouldnt have any problems.

Comment

Working...
                              X