X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

Hi,

Recently noticed that my engine fan comes on after literally 5 minutes of normal driving. Guessing the hot weather may contribute to this but noticed the overspill tank going mental aswell after such a short period of time. Any thoughts?

And on a side note, anyone know a cure for squeeky brakes?

Thanks

I am no expert mate but i would say you have a problem there & would get it to vx dealership to be checked out. My corsa fan ONLY ever comes on if my temp reaches approx 101 usually when sat still in traffic for a while & never noticed it under normal driving conditions!

Comment

Im same as gazzer, dont think its ever kicked in while ive been driving, but i do have my radio quite loud

Comment

Hi, in my experience the fan kicks in about about 96, if you have driven the car for a period about 30 mins and then left for about 10 to 20 mins on start up the fan will kick in due to the HOTweather ...

Comment

if i go for a spin and let itrest for 5mins with the engine running then the fan will come on. the fan kicks in at 106 degrees!
          Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
          Future mods: springs....

Comment

I'd get that looked at pm me if you want to ?

Comment

do you have climate control smiffy? if i have mine turned on it comes on every few minutes and if i turn if off it hardly ever comes on. My fan has also started to make more noise recently and sounds like its spinning faster, vaux just said its because of the warmer weather and it spins at maximum speed. It only started doing it after it went in for a service so not sure if there talking nonscence.

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenVXRNick View Post
                do you have climate control smiffy? if i have mine turned on it comes on every few minutes and if i turn if off it hardly ever comes on. My fan has also started to make more noise recently and sounds like its spinning faster, vaux just said its because of the warmer weather and it spins at maximum speed. It only started doing it after it went in for a service so not sure if there talking nonscence.
                No I don't mate. Ive literally just done a 4 minute journey and pulled up and fan was on full whack. Previous to this the car has been parked up for 3 hours

Comment

What are your coolant levels like? Sounds like radiator related, maybe leak or similar.

Book in at dealers and get it looked at
                  Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                  Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                  sigpic
                  Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                  South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

I'd give vx a shout mate to be sure.
                    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Problem solved guys!.....................one of the radiator pipes has basically broke off :S no idea how its happened but at least Ive found it. Thanks for the help everyone, VX here I come

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                        What are your coolant levels like? Sounds like radiator related, maybe leak or similar.

Book in at dealers and get it looked at
                        Looks like a smart call by that man
                        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                        sigpic
                        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Haha good move! Cheers mate

Comment

Working...