X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Condesation

Hi,
    I did read on here that someone had a real problem with the windscreen steaming up and had it sorted by vx stealer under warrenty Please can you tell me what they did as mine is doing the same. Last winter it was so wet on the inside that there was as much ice on the inside as the outside.
    Thanks.

This is a known problem with all VX cars, not just VXR's

On mine they sealed some pinprick holes in the floor plan and resealed the windscreen, it hasnt stopped it but has improved it quite a lot

Oddly, air con can also contribute to the issue, clean the inside of the screen regulary and that helps, air con leaves some sort of buildup on the inside of the screen that mists up quicker then the screen itself will

Comment

Here you go! Have a read through my old thread! Mine got sorted last year and has been fine ever since! The bulletin helped me, I just told the dealer!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=77657
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks cars going in on monday will quote the bulletin no see what they say and they will prob do nothing.
        Thanks again.

Comment

I know this has been covered alot, but has anyone found any new ideas on reducing the condensation as i was sitting for about 15minutes this morning for my front windowscreen to clear

Comment

Never had this problem myself

Comment

Just rang and booked mine in too
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Not all VX cars well not mine at least. Is there a permanent fix or those who had it last year going to have it again this year ?

I love my garage pml
                sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Try this. When parking up at night close your front vents and turn the heater control off the screen, seems to stop the condensation in the morning. Was told about this last year when i had ice on the inside aswell as the outside!

Comment

Originally posted by Pentagon VXR View Post
                    Try this. When parking up at night close your front vents and turn the heater control off the screen, seems to stop the condensation in the morning. Was told about this last year when i had ice on the inside aswell as the outside!
                    I already drive with the windows open for last 5 minutes and stand with doors open whilst cooling down... Will try this too every little helps...
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                    sigpic
                    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
                    X