This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitted tms race exhaust

Hi i fitted the tms race exhaust last weekend and due to the large diameter of the flexi front pipe it catches and vibrates on the sub frame stabilizer bar, i have put some washers under the bar to lower it but it still catches when setting off with some throttle on. Has anyone else had this?

Nope (I have the milly too)

Comment

have you the standard stabilizer bar on then? my exhaust was about touching the bar before i spaced it out with washers

Comment

i had to space my forge one! because of a bolt on the bottom of the gearbox just catching a little bit so i got longer bolts and spaced it right out. same sort of situation tho. if you have your standard brace then chuck it in the sea m8 as there useless and flex anyway

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

I got a email back from tms and they aren't aware of any problems but say it could be a worn engine mounting causing to much movement on the engine. Anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by domski View Post
            I got a email back from tms and they aren't aware of any problems but say it could be a worn engine mounting causing to much movement on the engine. Anyone else had this problem?
            Sounds.... costly. lol
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Have someone look at it.

Also, Raise the bonnet and see whether the engine is slightly tilted. If their initial thoughts are correct then I wouldnt drive the car until it has been sorted.

A broken engine mount could cause the engine to collapse.

Comment

I will get it checked out tomorrow, it's been at bodyshop this week getting the bubbling paint on the arches and under the rear spoiler sorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by domski View Post
                  if its aa mount then it will be back gearbox mount. put the bonnet up and get someone to sit in the car and put it in first gear and pull the clutch to biting point with the handbrake firmly up and check the movement in it. if theres excess movement and you need a new mount then pm mattbibs off here as he is the cheapest for parts and a sound guy! hope this helps

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Hi guys. Problem sorted had a look today and the subframe brace had been fitted the wrong way round so it was catching on the gearbox! Turned it around and all is well again!

Comment

Working...
                    X