Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First mod purchased!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First mod purchased!

    Just bought a Itg Panel filter from Thorney motorsport
    Hopefully stage 1 map to come when ive saved a few more pennys up!
    Just couldnt resist doing a small mod as got the modding bug on my last car.

  • #2
    Does it sound much different with the filter in then ? I have recently bought a vxr and the first mod I did was fit the tms race exhaust, I didn't want to fit a performance air filter as I heared they can damage the air flow meter due to them having to be oiled?

    Comment


    • #3
      Good first purchase.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I've been running with a COURTENAY panel filter for almost 3yrs with NO PROBLEMS.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by domski View Post
          Does it sound much different with the filter in then ? I have recently bought a vxr and the first mod I did was fit the tms race exhaust, I didn't want to fit a performance air filter as I heared they can damage the air flow meter due to them having to be oiled?
          Never been proven mate!
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by domski View Post
            Does it sound much different with the filter in then ? I have recently bought a vxr and the first mod I did was fit the tms race exhaust, I didn't want to fit a performance air filter as I heared they can damage the air flow meter due to them having to be oiled?
            As for sound cant say as not got it yet, hopefully be delivered tues/wed?
            Never known panel filter to damage anything? Plenty people got them or courtney etc on here with no problems reported...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gazzer66 View Post
              Just bought a Itg Panel filter from Thorney motorsport
              Hopefully stage 1 map to come when ive saved a few more pennys up!
              Just couldnt resist doing a small mod as got the modding bug on my last car.
              Great First Mod Mate

              Originally posted by domski View Post
              Does it sound much different with the filter in then ? I have recently bought a vxr and the first mod I did was fit the tms race exhaust, I didn't want to fit a performance air filter as I heared they can damage the air flow meter due to them having to be oiled?
              Yeah you can totally hear the difference in sound, sounds a bit like youve fitted a DV but without all the problems

              Comment


              • #8
                Do you need to oil the panel filter before you put it in? Also should i of bought the oil when purchasing the filter? cheers

                Comment


                • #9
                  You should only need to reoil it after cleaning it

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by VXR_Mike View Post
                    You should only need to reoil it after cleaning it
                    Cheers Mike

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      spot on mod
                      Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X