This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i get a corsa vxr?

iv been seriously considering getting a corsa vxr but iv heard alot of horror stories are these very common faultsor just random is there anyway i could avoid buying a car with them? as im not made of money and replacing an engine in a new car would be a masive kick in the balls

thanks dan

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100344

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

every car company has problems, look after your car and your car will look after you

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

tbh i think with these corsa.s its luck of the draw ive had nothin but problems with mine but there are alot of people who have had no problems at all dont forget you should get at least a years warranty with it so any problems will be fixed for free they are a great little car and as long as they are looked after allowed to warm up and warm down u shoudlnt really have to much trouble but its like any car really they all have they're faults take one for a test drive and see what you think
        xbox addy -turboyoda85
        Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

rich mate you just made my day Im glad you linkied the thread In answer to the OPs question, yes you should get one. They look good, cost very little, go like stink and surprise most people. As above and in the thread linked, every car has its problems but they are recognised and warranty fixed so dont be put off.
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

thanx guys is there an option to get extended warantee by vx?

also did read that thread but i wanted to know how common the fault actually are?

Comment

Get one. You only live once. All cars have problems/faults but if looked after you can try to avoid causing problems. You get warranty and the option to extend if required.
              Ive had my arctic about 3 months no big problems i love it
              Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

If you are buying second hand make sure it has a full vx service history and try to make sure it has been kept 100% standard since it left the factory.

From one of my other posts:

As some of you know I work for GM/Vauxhall, by chance in work the other day I got talking to one of the engineers, I told him about this forum and some of the problems people were posting about, he straight away said "Miss use...let it warm up properly and don't take it to the red line every time you take it out..." I mentioned mods and he just smirked and said "engine mods are like body builders using steroids, eventually something gives".
                No offence to the younger drivers on here, but some (not all) younger drivers just rag the ti*s off their cars everywhere they go and then complain when something breaks! As a lot of owners are younger buy with care.

I can't really comment on mine, as I've only had it 3 weeks and it's a 10 plate, it only had 7 mile on the clock when I picked it up

Comment

i hope this is the issue and my 1 will be ok does anyone know how much it will cost to extend warrante?

Comment

Originally posted by pritchardvxr View Post
                    iv been seriously considering getting a corsa vxr but iv heard alot of horror stories are these very common faultsor just random is there anyway i could avoid buying a car with them? as im not made of money and replacing an engine in a new car would be a masive kick in the balls

thanks dan
                    GET ONE MATE. THERE BRILL.

U CAN BUY MINE IF YA INTERESTED.. VXRACING EDITION NO 628.. NEVER HAD ONE PROB SINCE I BROUGHT IT. DONE 8000 MILES NOW. ON EBAY FOR £14200 ONO.

MAKE ME AN OFFER. JUST NEED TO PAY OF THE FINANCE REALLY.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2089wt_1133

OF COURSE IVE TAKEN OFF THE DIFF, SPRINGS, ZAUST, HOSES, GAUGES AND SOUND SYSTEM. ALL DONE BY VAUXHALL. I STILL HAVE THE ZAUST, SPRINGS, GAUGES, SOUND SYSTEM AND HOSES IF YA INTERESTED.
                    Last edited by hazy; 25 July 2010, 05:19 PM.

Comment

thanks dan
                      mate if your worried about random problems then dont drive, dont buy any car, dont ever touch one........... every car is different, every car has different common faults but once they are sorted when you buy it you usually dont get them again

just make sure you give the car a good check when buying it

Comment

im not woreyd i just don't wana spend alot of hard earned cash on a car with tuns of common faults think ill just get extended warrante and see how it goes

Comment

im not woreyd i just don't wana spend alot of hard earned cash on a car with tuns of common faults think ill just get extended warrante and see how it goes
                          i got over 2 yrs left on mine. :d:d good buy for ya mate.

Comment

na m8 gonna get 1 from a garage as i dont want finance im gona iv only got 11k as gona be looking a t a 57 plate with 25k porbs

Comment

Don't get one there [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X