X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried these?

Afternoon all!

Just looking to replace the headlight bulbs in the car and was wondering if anyone has used these and what they thought of them? Just looking for something a bit brighter and little more attractive.....

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-...-NEW-pair.html

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H7-...-NEW-pair.html

Cheers everyone!

Dan

What kind of look are you after? As i think there are two commonly used routes on this one...

I and many others have got MTec Cosmos Blue headlights Search for them and there are plenty of pics and i did a how to guide as well

Others inc Reidy went down the route of HIDs. I did not as their legality is a grey area in the law and i dont fancy giving the insurance company a reason to void my policy should i need it! lol
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

As above I think i'm going to go with the mtec bulbs(easier to do yourself tbh) i'm going on holiday ina few weeks so ill probably get my set when im back. Tom knows quite a bit about them and helped me out I think all needed comes to about £60ish? give or take.
      Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Yeah i agree and i dont have the afl either (projector type lights i think). Just want a brighter xenon look than standard really. Wouldnt mind a hint of blue but nothing redic and anything that plod may take an interest in . .
        Last edited by Dan_91; 26 July 2010, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
            What kind of look are you after? As i think there are two commonly used routes on this one...

I and many others have got MTec Cosmos Blue headlights Search for them and there are plenty of pics and i did a how to guide as well

Others inc Reidy went down the route of HIDs. I did not as their legality is a grey area in the law and i dont fancy giving the insurance company a reason to void my policy should i need it! lol
            Tom, youve changed your pic, Hope it wasnt because of my Robbie Williams comment coz tbh a car shaped as a womens shoe isnt much better, LOL only kidding Tom.

As tom repeatedly says the Mtec bulbs have got some good reviews but hids are great and if you get a quality set then you have no grey area issues

Comment

haha, no mate, my car is called 'the shoe' as a term of endearment by an astra owner lmao. Somebody photoshopped it arden a few month back so thought it was time....

As for grey areas, a good set doesnt change that. Look up the requirements of xenons. For 1 there is no mention of aftermarket, 2 iirc it says they must be factory fitted, 3 it then gives a list of requirements: auto levelling, washers, etc. Which you havnt got as an aftermarket install.
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
              X