X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quick question about my graph

Hi

Ive been looking at other corsa vxr dyno graphs and there bhp curve seems to peak then start coming down! But mines different! it hits them holds and then goes down! why is this! i dont think ive seen one like this?

is it normal?

heres the graph

Thanks

not sure if 100% correct but i thought std cars peaked then dropped off a little then went onto over boost which brings it back up.

When mapping the car it smoothes the power curve out.

Comment

ahh fair enough mate! even mapped cars they peak then drop of! mine just holds! not sure if it should do this? wat u think?

Comment

That torque plot is just lol :/

I don't really know why the power holds for so long, its not normal afaik, but I'd be looking for restrictions somewhere - were you expecting better results from your modifications? What has been done to the car?
        sigpic
        Mike Hughes

Comment

nah mate! happy with that! I got a Corsa 1.6 turbo SRi 150 bhp standard

just a remap and panel filter

what do you mean restrictions?? i got a standard exhaust?

and what you mean about my torque???

Comment

You might have more luck over at CDUK as I'm sure there are a lot more SRi owners there who will tell you whether its normal or not.
            sigpic
            Mike Hughes

Comment

do you have a pre cat down pipe on it?
              VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
                do you have a pre cat down pipe on it?
                ermm oh yeah saying that i did on this rolling road!

the car runs perfect and stuff just was looking around and never really seen a graph like this!

What do you mean about the torque mate?

Comment

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by lukeneale View Post
                    anyone?

"If" the RR equipment is correct - that graph is excellent and shows a car that holds its full power to the std red line, which great torque to about 70% of its power band !

what remap is that ?
                    sigpic

Comment

Its an Angel Tuning one IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                        Its an Angel Tuning one IIRC.
                        Correct!

Yeah it does run very nice the car and power is there right uptill redline! but then if u go over you feel the power decrease! so 6 k all the time!

i had this remap around 7 months ago! if i go get another rolling road the lines should be the same ( sort of ) right??

Comment

So if its making the power and levelling off so early, why haven't they gone for more power? Is the SRi engine more chocolate than the VXR one?
                          sigpic
                          Mike Hughes

Comment

most probably mate haha! not sure but im happy with it! quite aggressive map though! but not to bad!

Comment

Originally posted by lukeneale View Post
                              Correct!

Yeah it does run very nice the car and power is there right uptill redline! but then if u go over you feel the power decrease! so 6 k all the time!

i had this remap around 7 months ago! if i go get another rolling road the lines should be the same ( sort of ) right??

Technically speaking - Yes, although weather will play a big part in your readings

Best thing would to try and stay with the same RR if possible, to keep at least one common factor, however you are really always best to be part of a RR group event so you can relate your readings to those of other VXR owners, and guage what kind of accuracy you are receiving. On your own, you have NO reference at all in real terms and it only really useful as a before & after tool only IMO.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X