This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Lag

Just curious. Can anyone tell me what are the signs of the turbo lagging and what can be done to eliminate it.
    Felt my car was a bit juddery recently, though the car had only just been started so it may just be the car needing warmed up.

Dont thrash the car before you have warmed it up mate, they need a good 15-20 before slamming your foot down

Comment

surely 10 would be ok? also turbo on corsas are always laggy lol

Comment

It's not that i'm slamming the foot down. I'm pretty careful when driving. Just once i get the car started I have to go up a slight uphill at my street. Once I get to about 2000rmp it feels like the car wants to just break free and shoot off but then decides against it making the ride feel judderry

Comment

I like to be carefull so i give it abit longer I cant afford new pistons. It doest sound right tho mate, maybe a faulty sensor?? Could be a number of things mate.

Comment

thats probs the turbo kicking in and out

Comment

I agree, mines kicks in then out when driving normal and it judders

Comment

Are we talking about throttle lag that standard corsas seem to have, or actual turbo lag because turbo lag is merely down to the specifications of the turbo vs the engine.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

not the actual putting the foot down. more whilst crusing noticing turbo kicking in and out.. but then again thats not turbo lag.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                    Are we talking about throttle lag that standard corsas seem to have, or actual turbo lag because turbo lag is merely down to the specifications of the turbo vs the engine.
                    Ye the go fast pedal is fairly delayed, turbo never seemed laggy with mine.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
                      I concour with this it will merely be throttle response not turbo lag as the turbos are 2 dam small fir any for of lag however don't forget if your driving round on these warm days your intake temp will go upto about 58c when during the cold periods it'll run happy at 18 - 20c so your car will feel really sluggish and non responsive changing the intercooler will help this :-)

Comment

I think the juddering you are talkin about is a flat spot in the gear, it is basically when the car just seems to lose all its power for a second and then just suddenly kicks in again. Do a search mate a lot of VXRs have these 'flat spots' including mine
                        sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
                        http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

Originally posted by chris_dunlea View Post
                          I think the juddering you are talkin about is a flat spot in the gear, it is basically when the car just seems to lose all its power for a second and then just suddenly kicks in again. Do a search mate a lot of VXRs have these 'flat spots' including mine
                          Sounds like flat spots
                          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                          sigpic
                          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
                          X