Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another "clever" feature I love....

The windscreen wipers finish their cycle even when you turn the engine off! Most cars just leave them stuck wherever they are, clever Corsa
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Good to here something positive for once mate! I love my corsa
    sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

I always laugh when i see VW's or Peugeots etc parked up with their wipers halfway up the screen, nice little touch from Vaux

Comment

Never even knew this.

As chris said its nice to see some positive topics lately
        Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

oooohhhhhhhh the VXR is so much more than just a hot hatch imo - it is so comfortable as an every day car. And Vauxhall have put loads of what I call these "clever" features in, just nice little touches that make your every day life that tad bit easier / nicer. I only realised it did this today. After 3 months the car is still growing on me each day, love it more and more.

Now here's something I have been meaning to pick people's brains over.....has anyone else realised that when you are going at a very slow speed and you slowly take your foot off the clutch, the car doesn't stall?! It just plodds along at the slowest possible speed for that gear! It's really really weird, you would expect the car to stall as the revs drop, but mine keeps going! It's awesome when you are in traffic and just want to creep along, with no feet on the pedals! Interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this too??
          Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
            oooohhhhhhhh the VXR is so much more than just a hot hatch imo - it is so comfortable as an every day car. And Vauxhall have put loads of what I call these "clever" features in, just nice little touches that make your every day life that tad bit easier / nicer. I only realised it did this today. After 3 months the car is still growing on me each day, love it more and more.

Now here's something I have been meaning to pick people's brains over.....has anyone else realised that when you are going at a very slow speed and you slowly take your foot off the clutch, the car doesn't stall?! It just plodds along at the slowest possible speed for that gear! It's really really weird, you would expect the car to stall as the revs drop, but mine keeps going! It's awesome when you are in traffic and just want to creep along, with no feet on the pedals! Interested to hear if anyone else has noticed this too??
            Yes Its great for economical driving too
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

most cars don't stall (or maybe anything with enough torque) When i was still allowed to drive our vans, i used to let it crawl everywhere in traffic. Easy peasy that way

(Also used to be able to pulll off from standing without any revs in my corsa c)

Although as you mention it, the car seems to make it hard to stall when you know you should have. maybe thats just me though.
              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post

yep, always do this myself.....also can change without the accel pedal

Comment

Also the Corsas have little teeth things on the clutch pedal so when your on a slight hill you can just hold it with the clutch without stalling The other thing i found out was the petrol filler flap has a little clip on the inside so when you unscrew the cap you can just pop it onto the flap, ive used it ever since i found out

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                    most cars don't stall (or maybe anything with enough torque) When i was still allowed to drive our vans, i used to let it crawl everywhere in traffic. Easy peasy that way

(Also used to be able to pulll off from standing without any revs in my corsa c)

Although as you mention it, the car seems to make it hard to stall when you know you should have. maybe thats just me though.
                    Yeah you expect it to stall and it doesn't. I know I had to keep my foot on the left pedal in my 182 or it would have cut out! Wonder if it's a thing most new cars have now?

Comment

something for jps

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25167
                      MB E63s AMG
                      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by JaseWW View Post
                        Also the Corsas have little teeth things on the clutch pedal so when your on a slight hill you can just hold it with the clutch without stalling The other thing i found out was the petrol filler flap has a little clip on the inside so when you unscrew the cap you can just pop it onto the flap, ive used it ever since i found out
                        and how long did it take u to find out lol? :P

Comment

i like how you can close your windows once you turn the engine off and remove the key cos they is many times i do that and forget i left windows down

Comment

Shark in the glovebox still makes me laugh!

Comment

Originally posted by Brano View Post
                              That's awesome thanks Brano, not seen that thread before. The flashing ABS lights are very good - although I bet most people on the road wouldn't have a clue what was going on if they saw that - which is a major shame as it could save your life!!

Do you still have your OPC or do you have the 250 yet?!
                              Last edited by jps; 26 July 2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X