This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mpg computor

Hi,how good are these?mines has bin on 32.4 for ages even after aright good thrash around the country lanes for 20ml . Does yours go up and down according to your driving?

Depends how often you reset it, if you never reset it the computer will be working out the average MPG over the miles it has calculated. If you reset it every time you fill up it will calculate the MPG over the miles you have driven during that tank.

They are not 100% accurate, I normally find they are around 3mpg too high based on you working it out manually.

Comment

have u tryed resetting the mpg beause it will be an avarange of the miles since last reset.

Comment

Mines been on 32.4 for about the past 6 thou miles, i dont want to reset it because it takes ages for my average to build back up to a descent mpg

Comment

Cheers, I haven’t reset it thought it would just continue changing as I drive.
          Learn something every day

Comment

Originally posted by Lawro View Post
            Depends how often you reset it, if you never reset it the computer will be working out the average MPG over the miles it has calculated. If you reset it every time you fill up it will calculate the MPG over the miles you have driven during that tank.

They are not 100% accurate, I normally find they are around 3mpg too high based on you working it out manually.
            Yep

Never worked it out manually myself, but with the amount I spend on petrol that 3mpg difference will account for some of it lol
            2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
            2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
            Originally posted by Flinty
            as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

i reset mine the day i got it driving it home and i was averaging 42.8 and then since having it for two weeks i havent dropped under 34.4

Corsa VxR 07 Plate = Stage 3 Beast

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrabus View Post
                Hi,how good are these?mines has bin on 32.4 for ages even after aright good thrash around the country lanes for 20ml . Does yours go up and down according to your driving?
                As others have said reset it, or you could change the display to live mpg readout on which I have managed 7mpg while flooring it in 2nd gear
                2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                Originally posted by Flinty
                as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
                  As others have said reset it, or you could change the display to live mpg readout on which I have managed 7mpg while flooring it in 2nd gear
                  Haha yes but you also get 999.9mpg on the live read if you floor it and then take your foot off the accelerator!
                  Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                  Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

I think it drops to 7.1 mpg at the lowest lol.

Comment

Mine has levelled out at 29.4mpg and most of my driving is in and around town...can't complain

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
                        Haha yes but you also get 999.9mpg on the live read if you floor it and then take your foot off the accelerator!
                        Is the live read out when it constantly changes numbers displayed one being 999.9?

Comment

thats the reason why i am using that in my sig
                          MB E63s AMG
                          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

The worst I averged was 8.2mpg over 44 miles which when I worked it out was something like £35 worth of fuel

Comment

Originally posted by VXRBrabus View Post
                              Is the live read out when it constantly changes numbers displayed one being 999.9?
                              Yeah when it is jumping up and down all over the place as you work through the gears, then will be fairly constant once you are going at a steady speed. Using this shows you why putting your foot down drinks so much petrol lol
                              Last edited by jps; 26 July 2010, 11:26 PM.
                              Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                              Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Working...
                              X