This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset inspection light??

Took my car to get serviced at vx and they haven't reset my service indicator I can't take it back to be done either as I'm just to busy at the moment. Does anyone know how to do this as it's really bugging me? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
    Took my car to get serviced at vx and they haven't reset my service indicator I can't take it back to be done either as I'm just to busy at the moment. Does anyone know how to do this as it's really bugging me? Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Not sure for certain but try this, i read this is the procedure:

Simply press the trip reset button on the dash at the same time press the brake pedal then switch on the ignition, keep brake and trip pressed for 10 to 12 seconds and hey presto its done!!

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post

Simply press the trip reset button on the dash at the same time press the brake pedal then switch on the ignition, keep brake and trip pressed for 10 to 12 seconds and hey presto its done!!
      Hopefully it works, it's really p1ssing me off everytime I start the car! Thanks and I will try it 2morra

Comment

Hopefully it works, it's really p1ssing me off everytime I start the car! Thanks and I will try it 2morra
        Yeah let us know mate, not sure for certain just entered the question on google and it came up on another forum.

Heres the link:

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co....-Corsa-C-amp-D

Comment

When my Corsa VXR got serviced you needed a code to reset the message. It's in the owners leatherette handbook, on one of the cards that lists the engine number, radio code etc.
          I forget which one, but it needs to be entered via Tech 2. Did you take it when you had the service? If not, take it to the dealers and they should reset it for you.
          sigpic
          Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
          TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

anyone know if you can get the engin management light to go off with this method? or know of any method how to?

Comment

Originally posted by 002veitch View Post
              anyone know if you can get the engin management light to go off with this method? or know of any method how to?
              disconnect your battery for 5mins, just take the negative lead off. it will come back on tho coz u have the decat with no remap

Comment

thanks, just want it to go off before service

Comment

this turned off insp 1 warning on my dash last year, so yes it does work

Comment

Originally posted by ICY View Post
                    this turned off insp 1 warning on my dash last year, so yes it does work
                    Oh good, nice one, at least my advise works for a change

Comment

Oh good, nice one, at least my advise works for a change
                      Yeah it does work, it's took it off my dash now. Thanks again

Comment

Yeah it does work, it's took it off my dash now. Thanks again
                        Glad it worked for ya mate, was gunna ask if had tried it yet

Comment

Working...
                        X