This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squeaking!!

I had the car into vauxhall today for a few minor things and one of them was for a squeak coming from the rear of the car when moving. Can hear it all the time

Problem is they wanted another 2 hours to look at it which would have cost 60 quid an hour labour and sadly i cant afford to give them that. I couldnt take the rish it wouldnt be covered under warranty.

My air vent broke aswell and that anit covered

Cars only over a year old ffs and done 5500 miles

I just took the car back and going to have to deal with the squeak but has anyone had anything similiar and found the problem?

I have a very annoying squeak coming from somewhere in the car all the time too! It does my head in. Car is in with VX on Thurs so might ask them to have a look. But surely if your car is under warranty they have to find and fix it free of charge? :S
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

try to call VX customer care and ask them why it isnt covered with warranty ?
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Brano View Post
        try to call VX customer care and ask them why it isnt covered with warranty ?
        they said i need to give the go ahead to find what it is and if its an adjustment, it wont be covered. if its not covered i cant afford the labour charge, so cant take the risk.

they basically said i need to be willing to pay

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
          I have a very annoying squeak coming from somewhere in the car all the time too! It does my head in. Car is in with VX on Thurs so might ask them to have a look. But surely if your car is under warranty they have to find and fix it free of charge? :S
          Yeh they will if the part thats faulty is under warranty but i cant take the risk of it not being under warranty

Comment

How is the vent broken? The black strip down the middle has fallen out o mine after 3 months and the flaps just fall now!
            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by IanS21 View Post
              they said i need to give the go ahead to find what it is and if its an adjustment, it wont be covered. if its not covered i cant afford the labour charge, so cant take the risk.

they basically said i need to be willing to pay
              All joking aside mate it sounds like squeaky brakes And if you ask them to sort it out and its not the dealer you bought the car from then yes, they will charge you as an adjustment on the basis that they strip the brake apart, regrease and re-fix.

I rang around when looking to get mine done and got told my dealer may have been doing it out of good will as they sold the car.

The other way round it that many peopl mention is to bend away the brake guard on the rear wheels. Apparently too much dust is gathered causing teh squeak. Ive tried this but obv havny bent it away far enough as it still squeaks
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                All joking aside mate it sounds like squeaky brakes And if you ask them to sort it out and its not the dealer you bought the car from then yes, they will charge you as an adjustment on the basis that they strip the brake apart, regrease and re-fix.

I rang around when looking to get mine done and got told my dealer may have been doing it out of good will as they sold the car.

The other way round it that many peopl mention is to bend away the brake guard on the rear wheels. Apparently too much dust is gathered causing teh squeak. Ive tried this but obv havny bent it away far enough as it still squeaks
                my breaks squeak when braking but didnt think it would do it when moving

Comment

Originally posted by IanS21 View Post
                  my breaks squeak when braking but didnt think it would do it when moving
                  Mine did when rolling too mate
                  Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                  Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                  sigpic
                  Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                  South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Mine grate whilst moving at times like a lite squeal also when I go over a bump I get a high pitched squeek almost like a blip for a split second it's well annoying but bearable

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                      Mine grate whilst moving at times like a lite squeal also when I go over a bump I get a high pitched squeek almost like a blip for a split second it's well annoying but bearable
                      sounds like it,

Will have to have a look and see what can be done

Comment

Working...
                      X