This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre cat

quick question. hav got a scorpion cat back and its a bit to quiet 4 me if i got a pre cat wud it make it louder??

I dont think you would notice any difference tbh mate, i have a precat but standard systen and there no difference apart from the odd pops every now and than. I think the noise is usually from the backbox, how big it is etc.

Comment

do you mean de cat? if you go de cat it will be very loud ... a pre cat i would have though you already have if ur cat back
      VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
        I dont think you would notice any difference tbh mate, i have a precat but standard systen and there no difference apart from the odd pops every now and than. I think the noise is usually from the backbox, how big it is etc.
        chears mate.... do u hav any problems with the engine lite cuming on wi having the pre cat fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr ian View Post
          chears mate.... do u hav any problems with the engine lite cuming on wi having the pre cat fitted?
          you only get lights on dash when you de cat ... a pre cat is totaly different do you have them both mixed up mate?

Comment

Originally posted by kirky2k4 View Post
            do you mean de cat? if you go de cat it will be very loud ... a pre cat i would have though you already have if ur cat back
            decat the first cat if u understand me?

Comment

Im mapped mate but my light did come on, so i took the lamdba sensor out and gave it a clean and disconnected the negative on the battery and it hasnt come on since. Im not sure if it brings the light on tbh on standard cars tho pal, im sure someone will no who has one.

Comment

Im mapped mate but my light did come on, so i took the lamdba sensor out and gave it a clean and disconnected the negative on the battery and it hasnt come on since. Im not sure if it brings the light on tbh on standard cars tho pal, im sure someone will no who has one.
                thanks 4 ya help mate . i jst dnt want any lites on dash they annoy me wunt mind meeting up to c wat urs sound lyk...

Comment

It just sounds standard tbh mate, theres not much change just with the precat downpipe imo, is your scorpion much louder than standard? Im wanting a loud exhaust mate or i would have bought yours.

Comment

It just sounds standard tbh mate, theres not much change just with the precat downpipe imo, is your scorpion much louder than standard? Im wanting a loud exhaust mate or i would have bought yours.
                    it louder than standard not much but u got decat so may b louder 4 u?
                    u wud hav to meet me and hav a listen? c wat u think its lyk new....

Comment

Originally posted by vxr ian View Post
                      it louder than standard not much but u got decat so may b louder 4 u?
                      u wud hav to meet me and hav a listen? c wat u think its lyk new....
                      you have it mixed up mate a de cat makes no difference what so ever in sound and on a standard car will not bring any lights on..

what ur wanting i think is a de-cat not a pre cat... tommi has a pre cat = same sound as standard

de cat = very loud and brings lights on teh dash

hope that helps and makes sence

Comment

[chears kirky..

Comment

ha ha crimtmas tree lights

Comment

Working...
                          X