This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket HU HELP!

well im think of changing my standard cd30 mp3 headunit to a aftermarket one but ive heard that if you change it the display above the airvents doesnt work or display anything :/

is this true??

Anyone! ????

Comment

?????????????????????????????????????

Comment

I'll be honest..
        I don't know mate!!

Comment

I've heard a few people mention this. I think it depends on the head unit mate, because i've heard people saying about the steering wheel controls not working as well. But then i'm sure i've heard about an adaptor that gets the steeringwheel controls working again so maybe its the same for the display....

Basically, i'm not sure I'd try and find one of the head units that is definitely compatible...

Comment

Depending on the headunit the display will still work to a certain extent . If its a non specific brand you will loose the track or song details and in its place it will display the date and time along with temp . The steering controls again with these units need another adapter to work

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
              Depending on the headunit the display will still work to a certain extent . If its a non specific brand you will loose the track or song details and in its place it will display the date and time along with temp . The steering controls again with these units need another adapter to work

Hope this helps
              so basically what your trying to say it it depends on the HU

but if the HU doesnt connect with the screen above the airvents, the screen will still display the date and time and temp but wont display anything else like the song details etc...

so basically with any HU the screen at the top will still display the time date and temp???

Comment

yeah you will still have the time date etc.
                M135i

Comment

Originally posted by iDan x View Post
                  yeah you will still have the time date etc.
                  Oh i can live with that....that sthe main thing

i can see the track name etcc from the Hu

Looks like the VXMMI is ou thte window now

lol

Comment

basically, there is only one headunit for the Corsa that keeps every feature and thats VXMMI..... A Must !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                      basically, there is only one headunit for the Corsa that keeps every feature and thats VXMMI..... A Must !!!!!!!
                      +1 got mine monday and i love it
                      M135i

Comment

+1 got mine monday and i love it
                        Great aint they, thought the Satnav software was the best ive ever used

Comment

Havent used the sat nav much but the features on it look amazing and it seems nicer than my TOMTOM shame you cant access your contacts on the bluetooth
                          M135i

Comment

Havent used the sat nav much but the features on it look amazing and it seems nicer than my TOMTOM shame you cant access your contacts on the bluetooth
                            thats one flaw i suppose but for £500-600 you cant have everything IIRC you can see the last 5 dialled numbers though

Comment

Working...
                            X