This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW apprentice..

...talking to a guy yesterday at the Chester VW dealership who has recently bought a new VXR corsa, just wanted to say:

1: It was nice talking to you
    2: Hope you get the problems with your car sorted
    3: I see what you mean about the edition 30 don't worry I won't tell your boss you put me off the R32 they were trying to sell me

Should have asked what your forum name was!!!

Originally posted by Avo View Post
    ...talking to a guy yesterday at the Chester VW dealership who has recently bought a new VXR corsa, just wanted to say:

1: It was nice talking to you
    2: Hope you get the problems with your car sorted
    3: I see what you mean about the edition 30 don't worry I won't tell your boss you put me off the R32 they were trying to sell me

Should have asked what your forum name was!!!
    what was wrong with the r32?
    Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post

it doesnt have a turbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
        Nothing, but I didn't know about the edition 30 which gives you 230bhp against the standard 200 on the GTi It's also cheaper to buy/insure/tax/run/service than the R32.......but the V6 does sound nice.

Comment

I had a play with an ED30 the other week, had the better of him 2/3 lol
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Avo View Post
            Nothing, but I didn't know about the edition 30 which gives you 230bhp against the standard 200 on the GTi It's also cheaper to buy/insure/tax/run/service than the R32.......but the V6 does sound nice.
            so 10bhp behind the r32.. n fwd...

should just get the r32... ans save to turbo it
            Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

R32's are nice but for the price i'd rather get something different I think.
              Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                R32's are nice but for the price i'd rather get something different I think.
                what about that red one mate, wiv the BBS'. that sounds the **** and is seriously quick. he was just playing wiv me and im stage 3!!
                sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
                http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

Theres a diesel ED30/R32 looky likey we saw at Harlow cruise.
                  Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                  Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                  sigpic
                  Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                  South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by chris_dunlea View Post
                    what about that red one mate, wiv the BBS'. that sounds the **** and is seriously quick. he was just playing wiv me and im stage 3!!
                    hpa bi turbo?

i want one lol!! 550bhp ish or something

Comment

ED30 is the better car IMO, the R32 engine isn't really that exciting (beyond the noise) and there are almost zero reasonable tuning options.

Where as an ED30 will hit 300bhp with just a remap and rinse pretty much any Corsa VXR, probably even the few 300+ ones.

Add an exhaust, CAIS and an uprated fuel pump and that becomes ~350bhp.

I've contemplated one since I started looking for the ST, I just worry that visually they lack character when compared with the likes of the ST or VXR.
                      sigpic
                      Mike Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                        ED30 is the better car IMO, the R32 engine isn't really that exciting (beyond the noise) and there are almost zero reasonable tuning options.

Where as an ED30 will hit 300bhp with just a remap and rinse pretty much any Corsa VXR, probably even the few 300+ ones.

Add an exhaust, CAIS and an uprated fuel pump and that becomes ~350bhp.

I've contemplated one since I started looking for the ST, I just worry that visually they lack character when compared with the likes of the ST or VXR.
                        people just think another knob in a golf trying to race... ive blown many gtis old and new away. n stuck with my friends cammed r32.. 300bhp in a front wheel drive car tho just isnt a good idea..... much rather have the new impreza
                        Last edited by Ghost; 28 July 2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

300BHP can and has been done in a completely usable fashion in a FWD format.

Is your VXR standard?
                          sigpic
                          Mike Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                            300BHP can and has been done in a completely usable fashion in a FWD format.

Is your VXR standard?
                            yeah but u wont get a 0-60 time uder 5seconds in a fwd car.

and erm slightly

Comment

Who gives a crap about 0-60? This figure is irrelevant in the real world - I can't remember the last time I did a full bore launch from standstill.

30-100 is far more relevant. To give you an idea of its relevance, my ST (~280bhp) managed to hold off an E46 M3 from about 30-90. That is a car that does 0-60 almost a second quicker than mine supposedly does.
                              sigpic
                              Mike Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X