This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remapping

Thinking of getting a remap by flash remapping, and they say that vauxhall will never no its been done so it wont effect my warranty . is this true or are they pulling my finger??

i have been told by a tuner that vx can tell as all alterations to the ecu are logged on it
    STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

hmmmm assume they can! i know of insstances where they have foun the map and i know of instances where they havent

sigpic

Comment

ordinarily, mapping = warranty dead. Check out the 'user guide'
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Let's bash all the urban myths on the head about ECU's and mapping.

The ECU doesn't store a date of flashing, nor does it log that it's been flashed.

If a dealership writes an ECU with Tech 2, Tech 2 will then append a date/time dealer id and user id to the file.

Third party tools will not date stamp.

If your ECU is not returned to standard properly they can tell, if the tuner does a good job to return it then they cannot tell.

Some tuners do not use the original map you had on the car but infact use one that is equivellent to standard power. This they can tell, if the tuner returns an original Vauxhall file then they cannot tell.

Obviously if you rock in there still mapped they can tell also.

But heres a point, someone with Tech 2 won't just see a car is mapped instantly, to tell they must first download the current file on the ECU and compare it to standard files. To do this Vauxhall will request to send your ECU away for analysis by a third company (Previously Opel/Bosche) but now it's actually done by Thorney Motorsport.

If they find a map TMS will charge you £200 for there time and tell you to **** ***.

But more of you're issue, you've just told everyone in the world on a public forum owned and ran by Vauxhall that you wan to map your car. Wouldn't be suprised if they're now keeping an eye on your posts for your reg plate.

Enjoy!

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
            But more of you're issue, you've just told everyone in the world on a public forum owned and ran by Vauxhall that you wan to map your car. Wouldn't be suprised if they're now keeping an eye on your posts for your reg plate.

Enjoy!
            Hehehe
            sigpic

Comment

Lmao ^^

Comment

Glad everythings clear now

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by cdhvxr1 View Post
                  Thinking of getting a remap by flash remapping, and they say that vauxhall will never no its been done so it wont effect my warranty . is this true or are they pulling my finger??
                  dougie and stu know now.
                  did you put your reg number down when you join this site.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to be dumb, what if you get a Thorney remap? I was under the impression you keep your warranty? Even my dealer sells Thorney Remaps.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_Mike View Post
                      Sorry to be dumb, what if you get a Thorney remap? I was under the impression you keep your warranty? Even my dealer sells Thorney Remaps.
                      mate yes they do offer a warranty,but the things that go on a car,are most of the time WEAR AND TEAR.(this is not a dig at one tuner,most tuners will put it down to wear and tear)
                      if you worry about warranty.KEEP THE CAR STANDARD.
                      sigpic

Comment

NO

TMS is a separate warranty to VX. It is not the same. Nor are TMS Warranty approved.

TMS offer a 60k mile, 3 year warranty on their parts, that is all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Some reading mate... http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100344
                          sigpic

Comment

I dont think so.........

Never sorted me out when I made a claim. Vauxhall helped me out!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                              NO

TMS is a separate warranty to VX. It is not the same. Nor are TMS Warranty approved.

TMS offer a 60k mile, 3 year warranty on their parts, that is all.
                              Questionable to say the least!

Comment

Working...
                              X