X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forge or Regal subframe?

Hey,

Just been reading up on subframe braces and people have said Forge ones are great for the price, however others have said to spend a bit more on a Regal one. Can anyone tell me:

If they're worth it?
    If its worth getting Regal over Forge?
    How beneficial one would be alongside 40/40 janspeeds?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Smiffy1508 View Post
    Hey,

Just been reading up on subframe braces and people have said Forge ones are great for the price, however others have said to spend a bit more on a Regal one. Can anyone tell me:

If they're worth it?
    If its worth getting Regal over Forge?
    How beneficial one would be alongside 40/40 janspeeds?

Thanks!
    I would like to know as well Good question and thread!

Comment

They both do the same thing, I very much doubt you could tell the difference.

However, one thing that frustrated me with my Forge brace was the lack of interference fit on the bolts. This is less than ideal IMO. I'm sure I remember Wayne telling me that Regal's was a proper interference fit, but the rest of it is a little over-engineered (leading to prices that are too high), in my opinion.
      sigpic
      Mike Hughes

Comment

The Regal one has a notch in it if I remember because when giving the car some beans the engine mount could knock on the brace. I think thats the case.

The Forge one doesn't.. I have the forge one and was told yesterday that there are marks on the brace where the mount has knocked. I will either be putting the standard one back on because with lowering springs and a diff, the brace makes NO difference whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
          The Regal one has a notch in it if I remember because when giving the car some beans the engine mount could knock on the brace. I think thats the case.

The Forge one doesn't.. I have the forge one and was told yesterday that there are marks on the brace where the mount has knocked. I will either be putting the standard one back on because with lowering springs and a diff, the brace makes NO difference whatsoever.
          NO difference whatsoever

Comment

Working...
          X