This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forge subframe problem

recently tried to fit my forge subframe brace but once i had fitted and was driving i noticed when giving it some beans the gearbox seemed to knock of the subframe bar? anyone experienced this and how did you guys solve it?

cheers everyone
    Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Originally posted by vxrcopey View Post
    recently tried to fit my forge subframe brace but once i had fitted and was driving i noticed when giving it some beans the gearbox seemed to knock of the subframe bar? anyone experienced this and how did you guys solve it?

cheers everyone
    i had the same problem m8, i just spaced mine out with longer bolts and washers. it hits on a bolt on the bottom of the box and makes a bang sound. just space it out pal

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

cheers buddy al get on the case tomoz
      Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
        i had the same problem m8, i just spaced mine out with longer bolts and washers. it hits on a bolt on the bottom of the box and makes a bang sound. just space it out pal
        the idea is not to space a brace mate,the idea of a brace is to brace the car up.
        sorry to say it should be made better.but its just a bit of steel.

Last edited by wayne/VXR; 2 August 2010, 03:07 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
          the idea is not to space a brace mate,the idea of a brace is to brace the car up.
          sorry to say it should be made better.but its just a bit of steel.

How should we go about this problem then? It must be why there only £25 then

Like ur siggy by the way! lmao

Comment

Just noticed in the photo that there is a cut out on that bar where the bolt hits the forge bar. Is that the nearly £100 regal bar?

Comment

Just noticed in the photo that there is a cut out on that bar where the bolt hits the forge bar. Is that the nearly £100 regal bar?
              Yeh mate, the cut out is to stop it hitting that engine mount

Comment

is it not £60ish pounds and yes.
                Last edited by wayne/VXR; 31 July 2010, 12:34 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                  is it not £60ish pounds and yes.
                  Oh yea so it is thought it was 80-90quid. My mistake.

Comment

Oh yea so it is thought it was 80-90quid. My mistake.
                    i think its the rear brace that is about £80 powder coated.
                    sigpic

Comment

If you have this issue, its easy enough to take a notch out of the Forge bar, and if you can't do it, if you mark it up, any backstreet engineering place would probably do it for beer money, its a two minute job.
                      sigpic
                      Mike Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                        If you have this issue, its easy enough to take a notch out of the Forge bar, and if you can't do it, if you mark it up, any backstreet engineering place would probably do it for beer money, its a two minute job.
                        And then all your doing is weakening it , thankfully this was taken into account on the regal one and is why it was made thicker/wider in the first place to take the notch but not compromise the strength and rigidness.
                        Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh View Post
                          sigpic

Comment

i did my own, thank the work for the material

Opel Corsa OPC
                            Opel Vectra GT 16v

Comment

Major oversight by forge if you ask me. Not enough testing on the bar.

This is why the Regal one is so much more money than the forge one.

Comment

Working...
                              X