This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new and needing help

hey guys i've not long bought my vxr and love it however i'm wantin a bit more noise from it, exhausts have never been something that i've looked into even when modyifying my previous car so i'm pretty clueless on them so i'd really appreciate some help and advice

i've been told that removing my centre silencer and replacin it with a middle pipe does the same job as soundin like a remus is that true?
    also...
    if i was to get this done could it do any damage long term to the car?
    or...
    would it be worthwhile just waiting and saving for a remus system?
    thanks x

You will fail your mot doing this tho mate and it will bring your lights on the dash.

Comment

Welcome to VXROnline,

I would save and get a turbo back exhaust.

There are other exhausts - remus, scorpion, and milltek with prices ranges upto £800. All the exhausts are very good, just depends on how you want your exhaust which is down to personal taste.

Look in the for sale section, you may be able to pick up a secondhand exhaust.
      Last edited by vr55vxr; 30 July 2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

thanks for the replies i love how some people say oh do this and do that but they never think about the consequences it can have on the car, i saw something about a meet in kilmarnock on the 8th of august do you know what time it starts at?

Comment

Hello, holiday inn at strathclyde park at 6pm or killie at 7 pal
          sigpic

Comment

good evening Hope your enjoying the car. My first question is re: the age of your car. If its brand new then your options are limited but always improving. If not then happy days!
            A point also worth remembering is that the Remus is the only warranty approved exhaust.
            On top of this, check out the 'note to newbies' sticky thread, it should help
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Remus + ITG Panel Filter gets My Vote !!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum matey

Comment

If you just want noise and to keep your warrenty get the Remus! If you want more power then turbo back systems!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                    You will fail your mot doing this tho mate and it will bring your lights on the dash.
                    There is a resonator box just beyond the cat. Mine had this removed (before I bought it), and with the addition of a remus downpipe I think it sounded awesome. Loud exhausts aren't really for me, and I really didn't like the remus backbox.

Of course, if yours is the revised version with the main cat in the downpipe, this won't be possible.
                    sigpic
                    Mike Hughes

Comment

Does vauxhall have to fit the Remus for it to be warranty approved? Or can I do it myself?

Comment

everyone on here always says get a milltek, remus or scorpion. i have a cobra sport cat back with back box and i get good amount of beefy noise but not stupidly loud. and sounds better when the turbo kits in. it cost me 300 and is still just as good as the others.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_Mike View Post
                          Does vauxhall have to fit the Remus for it to be warranty approved? Or can I do it myself?
                          Arguably it shouldnt matter, but if your after piece of mind get vx to do it
                          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                          sigpic
                          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
                          X