Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

regal or thorney

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • regal or thorney

    which map is better? thorney say they get about 225bhp with full turbo back and regal say they can get 235bhp? just to see what people think and has anyone got these maps wat do they think?

    cheers
    Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

  • #2
    Its up to you mate, I would call them both and see what they can offer you. I personally ran all 3 map's on my Corsa VXR at different times and Regal's suited my driving style the best which is why I have stuck with them. Its all personal preference, whats better for one person is not always better for another.

    Hope that helps

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by vxrcopey View Post
      which map is better? thorney say they get about 225bhp with full turbo back and regal say they can get 235bhp? just to see what people think and has anyone got these maps wat do they think?

      cheers
      You should also consider Courtenay Sport.

      That said, best thing to do is phone em all up and see which company offers exactly what you want / expect from them.

      There will be too much 'personal opinion' here to get the answer your after.
      2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
      2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

      2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
      Originally posted by Flinty
      as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

      Comment


      • #4
        Brown bread or white bread? Been covers loads of times and different people use different tuners and will prefer what they have.

        Ring both in question and discuss your needs

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by nige87 View Post
          Brown bread or white bread? Been covers loads of times and different people use different tuners and will prefer what they have.

          Ring both in question and discuss your needs
          Or wholemeal lol
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

          PSN: TomFL12

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nige87 View Post
            Brown bread or white bread? Been covers loads of times and different people use different tuners and will prefer what they have.

            Ring both in question and discuss your needs
            White Bread always

            Comment


            • #7
              no bother guys give them all a wee ring and see what they can do
              Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by vxrcopey View Post
                no bother guys give them all a wee ring and see what they can do
                Good idea

                Comment


                • #9
                  write on 4 bits of paper,courts,mpg,tms and regal,fold them up and put in a box,then pick one.


                  that is what i did,but first out of the box was tms,so i had one more go,them courts came out,but its to far for me ,then mpg also to far,so i went to regal.
                  Last edited by wayne/VXR; 2 August 2010, 02:35 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I got told by Courtney that regals dyno is a bit of a "happy dyno" in other words there figures are higher than they actually are. Thing is tho other tuners would say that if they can't get there figures as high as others. I think there all good tuners but regal has a good aftersales package so basically if anything goes wrong they will put it right! Personally I would go with regal as they have the highest bhp figures. Look at Wayne/Vxr corsa it's running bout 325bhp if not a bit more and he's had no problems with it


                    Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                      write on 4 bits of paper,courts,mpg,tms and regal,fold them up and put in a box,then pick one.


                      that is what i did,but first out of the box was tms,so i had one more go,them courts came out,but its to far for me ,then mpg also to far,so i went to regal.
                      LOL!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                        Look at Wayne/Vxr corsa it's running bout 325bhp if not a bit more and he's had no problems with it


                        i have 9 sessions at castle combe on saturday mate,that has just put a jinx on my car.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                          i have 9 sessions at castle combe on saturday mate,that has just put a jinx on my car.
                          9! I thought I was being greedy with 4...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lawro View Post
                            9! I thought I was being greedy with 4...
                            Im excited.. never been on track

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by nige87 View Post
                              Im excited.. never been on track
                              You driving then?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X