This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear spoiler removed

as the title says really, i removed the rear spoiler the other day to paint it and now need some decent double sided sticky tape to put it back on but i don't know where to get it from, and suggestions?

No more nails lol
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

isn't there something called tigerseal which is ment for this kind of stuff?

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
        isn't there something called tigerseal which is ment for this kind of stuff?
        not sure mate but will have a look now

Comment

yeh you want to use tiger seal, make sure the centre 2 parts of the spoiler are well stuck or they will vibrate and rub through the paint

Comment

Originally posted by domski View Post
            yeh you want to use tiger seal, make sure the centre 2 parts of the spoiler are well stuck or they will vibrate and rub through the paint
            will do mate, thanks for that

Comment

Tiger seal is the best to use imo- leave it to settle overnight while its held on with lots of tape to keep it in place!

btw- how did you manage to get your spoiler off? i wanted to spray mine black but have got no idea what to use to take it off?!

Comment

Originally posted by C_Bates View Post
                Tiger seal is the best to use imo- leave it to settle overnight while its held on with lots of tape to keep it in place!

btw- how did you manage to get your spoiler off? i wanted to spray mine black but have got no idea what to use to take it off?!
                i used a stanley knife blade, just push it up a little and where its attached to the car you will see some foam looking tape underneath, but dont be afraid to push it up as it is stuck like **** to a blanket.

Comment

either use tigerseal as suggested or use sikaflex which almost the same stuff, but which ever you use, wear some latex gloves as its a ******* to get off your hands
                  they are available from any good body shop, i have some tubes of sikaflex here if interested.

jason

Comment

tigerseal is the way to go mate.

just make sure you tape it, ideally leave it over night to set rather then driving about
                    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                      tigerseal is the way to go mate.

just make sure you tape it, ideally leave it over night to set rather then driving about
                      will do mate, hopefully do it this weekend, thanks

Comment

Ive heard that you can use heavy duty fishing line to cut through the adhesive when wanting to remove the spoiler. Id definately use tigerseal to re-bond it though
                        Corsa Vxr, Soon to be Ring Ready

Comment

Working...
                        X