Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rear spoiler removed

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rear spoiler removed

    as the title says really, i removed the rear spoiler the other day to paint it and now need some decent double sided sticky tape to put it back on but i don't know where to get it from, and suggestions?

  • #2
    No more nails lol
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

    PSN: TomFL12

    Comment


    • #3
      isn't there something called tigerseal which is ment for this kind of stuff?

      Corsa VXR now sold

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
        isn't there something called tigerseal which is ment for this kind of stuff?
        not sure mate but will have a look now

        Comment


        • #5
          yeh you want to use tiger seal, make sure the centre 2 parts of the spoiler are well stuck or they will vibrate and rub through the paint

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by domski View Post
            yeh you want to use tiger seal, make sure the centre 2 parts of the spoiler are well stuck or they will vibrate and rub through the paint
            will do mate, thanks for that

            Comment


            • #7
              Tiger seal is the best to use imo- leave it to settle overnight while its held on with lots of tape to keep it in place!

              btw- how did you manage to get your spoiler off? i wanted to spray mine black but have got no idea what to use to take it off?!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by C_Bates View Post
                Tiger seal is the best to use imo- leave it to settle overnight while its held on with lots of tape to keep it in place!

                btw- how did you manage to get your spoiler off? i wanted to spray mine black but have got no idea what to use to take it off?!
                i used a stanley knife blade, just push it up a little and where its attached to the car you will see some foam looking tape underneath, but dont be afraid to push it up as it is stuck like **** to a blanket.

                Comment


                • #9
                  either use tigerseal as suggested or use sikaflex which almost the same stuff, but which ever you use, wear some latex gloves as its a ******* to get off your hands
                  they are available from any good body shop, i have some tubes of sikaflex here if interested.

                  jason

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    tigerseal is the way to go mate.

                    just make sure you tape it, ideally leave it over night to set rather then driving about
                    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

                    http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                      tigerseal is the way to go mate.

                      just make sure you tape it, ideally leave it over night to set rather then driving about
                      will do mate, hopefully do it this weekend, thanks

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ive heard that you can use heavy duty fishing line to cut through the adhesive when wanting to remove the spoiler. Id definately use tigerseal to re-bond it though
                        Corsa Vxr, Soon to be Ring Ready

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X