This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise help + video

Right ive had this noise for around 4 months but never really took notice of it! but now it annoys me! it seems to only happen at a certain rev! ( 1,900 ) and it makes a grown noise! you can hear it better when you just revving it, but also can hear it while driving!

heres the videos!

http://s1008.photobucket.com/albums/...5.mp4&newest=1
    What is this noise?

Cheers
    Last edited by lukeneale; 2 August 2010, 11:27 PM.

anyone?

Comment

Maybe the aircon pump, they make that type of noise when knackered as there connected to the drive belt on the alternator

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

ohh.. cool.. does the air con have to be on to make this noise? as the air con isnt on?? only at a certain rev with confuses me lol :S

Comment

No it dosent have to be on to make the noise as the wheel that powers it still spins even when off. The bearings go in it and it makes a right racket, sometimes goes quiet then loud if so and u need a new pump, pm Wayne/Vxr as I'm sure I read that he's had his aircon removed so he mite sell u his pump as I should think there not cheap from the dealers. There easy to fit just unplug, unbolt, loosen tension in belt and take the aircon pipes off but move out the way so the gas dosent blast u one in the face (ur meant to dispose of the gas properly but it will be alright, just this once) and then the same procedure putting it back on then u will need to have it re-gassed and jobs a good one

Comment

PMSL at.. But it will be ok, just this once

Comment

haha im gonna die doing it i bet lol! cheers mate! yeah some times its bearly noticeable! then proper loud sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by lukeneale View Post
                haha im gonna die doing it i bet lol! cheers mate! yeah some times its bearly noticeable! then proper loud sometimes!
                U shud be alrite if u wear a scream mask and ur grans pinny as that always works for me

Comment

Is that what your going to wear when you turn up at louises backdoors?? ^^

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                    Is that what your going to wear when you turn up at louises backdoors?? ^^
                    yea u got it pal

Comment

its so annoying and its defo coming from the engine! dno what it can be!!

Comment

Go to vaux/tuner they will sort u out
                        Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                        Future mods: springs....

Comment

yeah think im going to have to mate! gonna get my dad who used to work on cars to listen while i rev it to see if he can hear where the noise is coming from!

sometimes its bad sometimes not as bad

Comment

Working...
                          X