This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• de-badge question

hey, at the weekend i de-badged my vxr but where the griffin was in the middle you can still see where it was seems to be a lighter colour my vxr is red by the way i was wondering if this fades with time or will it go after a few polish's?
    thanks
    Porta

Originally posted by porta View Post
    hey, at the weekend i de-badged my vxr but where the griffin was in the middle you can still see where it was seems to be a lighter colour my vxr is red by the way i was wondering if this fades with time or will it go after a few polish's?
    thanks
    Porta
    A few passes with SRP should do it mate. If not a machine polisher
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

just out of intrest what colour is yours?
      i want to do mine but cant find a silver one with just the griffin removed to look at

Comment

T Cut it, then wash it. Then it will fade over time
        Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Dastardly View Post

i want to do mine but cant find a silver one with just the griffin removed to look at
          i might be doing mine, just building myself up for it

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Dastardly View Post

myns red mate are you going to get rid of the corsa bit aswell? i think it looks good on any colour vxr to be honest and being silver i dont think you will be able to notice where the badges have been as much

thanks for the advice guys ill give it some more polish at the weekend and see how it goes

Comment

Im thinking of de-badging myself, whatever you do dont t-cut... That has to b one of the worst things that you could use on you'r car.! A few runs over with polish or get a light compound polish, should go with time!

Comment

ok i've just done mine about 2 minutes ago,
                what i did was
                boiled water poured over badge,
                then tried floss but that was **** so used an old bank card which works 10 times better.
                once are badges off there will be a bit of glue left behind which after a bit more hot water will peel off
                intesive tar remover to get rid of the rest of the crap
                i gave it a quick wash
                then polished and waxed.

theres a bit where the griffin was which is slightly lighter than the rest of the car, but i think a few minutes on the machine polisher will sort that out.

i'll add pics in the members car section once uploaded

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

I did my arctic with no issues at all, polished and glazed it afterwards and its fine looks spot on.

Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

You just took the griffin off or the corsa also!!

Comment

got the PM mate..

Comment

I debaged my breeze which is flame red and couldnt see where the badges had been, however when i took off the bump strips in certain lights you can see where they had been, the paint is slightly lighter underneath the strips.

I would never recommend anyone to use TCut, it is not good for your finish, using SRP and a decent wax will do the job much better and instead of stripping layers off you are building up a protection

Comment

Working...
                        X