This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars going in for repairs on fri

As the title says. Mines a 57 plate so 3yrs are up my list is...

Wonky front bumper from not fitted right when they replaced rad.

Spoiler coming away from roof.

Pump in the boot has never worked (last time told me just to go and read the manual)

Crack in passenger wing mirror.

And sounds like a distinctive humming coming from the car when the speeds gradually increases as it did when the bearings went.

Such a polite lady in service said these aren't known faults and aren't covered and are subject to a 45 quid inspection charge only. Then cost of repairs if I want them done.

Anyone know where I stand to any of these to be done for warranty work before I go in case they do try to charge me?

Also am I right I'd get a yrs warranty with the new bearings they did less than a yr ago?

Thanks Jay

Sorry meant to say my 3yrs are up this yr. Sept I would have thought.

Comment

3 years from when it was registered so I'd get it in asap and don't take any crap from the dealer because 9 times out of 10 they will try and get out of it. Good luck and hope it gets sorted

Comment

Yup my thoughts but not good at standing my ground on things like this as I don't know much bout cars. I guess we will have to see

Comment

warranty does not cover all parts for 3 years. Body work for example is 1 year.
          2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
          2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
          Originally posted by Flinty
          as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
            warranty does not cover all parts for 3 years. Body work for example is 1 year.
            I had my wing mirrors and side skirts replaceplace in march and mines on an 07 plate so its worth trying

Comment

What worries me and something that's playing on my mind is. If say the wheel bearings are fine but they fix the rest or some will they still charge me 45quid for checking the bearings?

Comment

I also dont think its very fair how some dealers will do the warranty work for some and other dealers wont, my dealers are a bag of numptys! Tighter than a camels bottom hole in a sandstorm!

Comment

Sorry I don't the Internet or time to search just at the dealers arguin about the mirror. They are sayin I've hit something to make it crack. Has anyone got any pics where there crack was on the mirror? As if it's the same place will help me

Cheers Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybro187 View Post
                    Sorry I don't the Internet or time to search just at the dealers arguin about the mirror. They are sayin I've hit something to make it crack. Has anyone got any pics where there crack was on the mirror? As if it's the same place will help me

Cheers Jay
                    They know its a listed fualt thats why the 2010 model has slightly bigger wing mirrors becuase they re-designed them. i had mine changed about 2 month ago and they stuck Two S### 2010 ones back on because they dont make the original size ones anymore

Comment

So is it worth speaking to Vauxhall directy?

Comment

On that anyone got the number at hand I'm sure it's been rang a few times on here

Comment

So is it worth speaking to Vauxhall directy?
                          i would give it a go if the stealers arn't being reasonable.

Comment

I respect it's nearly 3 yrs old but I've only had it half that time but no one in the dealers or here would expect a crack in a wing mirror.

As u say it's a listed fault why a new shape what design fault has mine got ?

Comment

I respect it's nearly 3 yrs old but I've only had it half that time but no one in the dealers or here would expect a crack in a wing mirror.

As u say it's a listed fault why a new shape what design fault has mine got ?
                              i really could'nt tell you mate all i know is the dont make the small ones any more

Comment

Working...
                              X