This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another one bits the dust!

parked up at the petrol station left the car running while i went to the cash point got back in the car pulled out of the petrol station 1st into 2nd and at about 3,000rpm and BANG big clouds smoke in the rear mirror, engine was making some horrible nosies so took it out of gear turned off the engine and rolled onto green lane, got out and gess what a trail of oil following my car , looked under the front bummper and oil gushing out all over the road great.
    The car has been moddified since feb , intercooler, full exhaust , 97 octane map,induction kit,ect, all ways warmed up and down, car is an 07 with 43,000 miles, had it since 5,000 miles ex demo.

so the question is how much am i looking at for a new engine and turbo from vaux?
    Last edited by VXRbazza; 7 August 2010, 01:04 PM.

OMG not good mate
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRbazza View Post
      parked up at the petrol station left the car running while i went to the cash point got back in the car pulled out of the petrol station 1st into 2nd and at about 3,000rpm and BANG big clouds smoke in the rear mirror, engine was making some horrible nosies so took it out of gear turned off the engine and rolled onto green lane, got out and gess what a trail of oil following my car , looked under the front bummper and oil gushing out all over the road great.
      The car has been moddified since feb , intercooler, full exhaust , 97 octane map,induction kit,ect, all ways warmed up and down, car is an 07 with 43,000 miles, had it since 5,000 miles ex demo.

so the question is how much am i looking at for a new engine and turbo from vaux?
      a lot of fking money mate! feel so sry for u mate and hope this never happends to me

Comment

Ouch that sounds really nasty . hope you get it sorted mate. you could be looking at mega bucks for a new engine. feel sorry for you man. just so unlucky.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA...#ht_969wt_1139

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CORSA...4#ht_500wt_928
          Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Gutted for ya mate not nice... look in the back off the auto trader in the garage section for a cat C or D
            ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

depends on the damage really! can you take pics?

sigpic

Comment

Bad luck mate.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

cheers thats probadly my best option.

Comment

go for the top one mate , only need to replace engine mount and sump
                    sigpic
                    Custom Turbo Back - oil restrictor - gloss black trims -Quaife LSD - DAPS
                    www.regal-auto.co.uk

Comment

try autovaux mate, genuine parts but loads cheaper than vaux. id ring rather than their website

Comment

Oh dead, hope thats not a bad one!

Is this a common prob on the VXR?

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                          depends on the damage really! can you take pics?
                          cant see much realy just loads of oil , there must damage to take photo of just cant find it cars to low to get under, gonna need to jack it up.

Comment

Ah thats unlucky mate, let us know how much its cost you for the repair
                            Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

gutted for ya mate, makes me worried about owning mine when its out of the 3 year warranty period. Hope you get everything sorted asap
                              Corsa Vxr, Soon to be Ring Ready

Comment

Working...
                              X