This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanner light

For the last few months I've had the spanner light on my dash. I've ignored it because the car still runs perfectly. Now that I'm selling the car I need to sort it. I could just take it to the dealers but I'll leave that to a last resort as I don't really want a bill just before selling the car. I've managed to remove the spanner light in the past by disconnecting the battery which does the trick but as soon as I put my foot down and give it some beans it's lights up again and stays lit. The important note is that it only lights up when you ring it but then stays lit until you disconnect the battery again.

Any ideas of anything I can cheaply replace or check before I make a phone call to the dealers?

brilliant!!

sigpic

Comment

Well it's not really

Comment

your right it isnt, and i for one will not assist you to cover up an issue for you to sell it!

get it sorted properly and dont leave some young person sp;end every penny on the car of their dreams only for it to fail shortly after!

do the right thing

sigpic

Comment

Well how is trying to find out how to solve a issue myself such an issue. Didn't say anything about covering it up. If every one sorted things out "properly" doesn't that defeat the idea of a forum.

Comment

its impossible to diagnose by just knowing its a spanner light! you need the fault codes then take it from there

sigpic

Comment

get it plugged in to the diagnostic then youll know, you cant sell it like that really how would you feel,no quick fixes with these type of issuse im afraid

Comment

cant you take it back to your tuner?

Comment

Don't worry I was going to ring the dealers anyway but was just wondering if this could be a known issue that I could fix myself. Sorry if it came out the wrong way. Cheers for your help.

Comment

from the basic description you gave, maybe an uprated recirc valve would sort your problem out.. the standard valve is prone to failure when tuning.. but like gary says, its almost impossible to diagnose.

do you have a dump valve fitted? if so, take that off and see what happens..

Comment

Nah mate. I had a Remus and it mapped but I've put it all back to standard now. I thought having the original map put back on might sort it but it didn't. It's weird because it still drives perfectly. My mate next door actually stuck his code reader in a while ago and it didn't come up with any error codes.

Comment

Take it back to the tuner and see what they say. If they wash their hands of you your a little bit screwed...

Then a trip to VX to get it check.

could be anything though fella
                        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                        sigpic
                        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Working...
                        X