Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spanner light (Engine managment,,,Think)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanner light (Engine managment,,,Think)

Drivin other day just cruisin steady at 60 when orange car wiv spanner light came on. Car didnt feel or drive any differant but just drove it pretty steady. Got to where i was going parked up for a couple of hours and still on when i set off back home. Car still felt normal no loss of economy or power. After about half hour of cruisin back home on A64 had to boot it past some slow stuff, car felt great no loss of power then light went off on its own?? Any ideas folks?

Mine used to do that too, nothing to worry about

Comment

It was tellin u that u wasn't goin fast enough!

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

yeah thought so, thats why i desided to show them all my hot sexy rear and pass em all.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by VXR_chick View Post
          yeah thought so, thats why i desided to show them all my hot sexy rear and pass em all.....lol
          Maybe some more of us could do with seeing that

Comment

Drivin other day just cruisin steady at 60 when orange car wiv spanner light came on. Car didnt feel or drive any differant but just drove it pretty steady. Got to where i was going parked up for a couple of hours and still on when i set off back home. Car still felt normal no loss of economy or power. After about half hour of cruisin back home on A64 had to boot it past some slow stuff, car felt great no loss of power then light went off on its own?? Any ideas folks?
            Its a sensor fault,it can result in loss of power or nothing you can feel but it does increase your fuel Consumption! if it comes on again I would get it booked in for replacment.

Comment

i dont think it did owt 2 my fuel consumption. I did 60 of the 70 miles to east coast wiv it on. I was drivin like miss daisy and got average of 38mpg. Would it not have affected consumption so you cant tell? There was certainly no loss of power. . . And sorry my hot *** is 4 my hubbys eyes only guys. . Lol

Comment

i dont think it did owt 2 my fuel consumption. I did 60 of the 70 miles to east coast wiv it on. I was drivin like miss daisy and got average of 38mpg. Would it not have affected consumption so you cant tell? There was certainly no loss of power. . . And sorry my hot *** is 4 my hubbys eyes only guys. . Lol
                My post was what Vauxhall told me as I have had the same in my Astra and again in my Corsa and both times they replaced the sensor,also I never lost power either so like I said if it happens again I would get it checked.

Comment

Only joking gal

Comment

cheers VXRbrabus, will do.....thanx

Comment

turn the key in the ignition till all the dash lights come on, after approx 3 to 4 seconds the Car/spanner light should go out with many other lights, if it does go out then theres nothing to worry about, if it stays on till you switch the engine fully on then that means a fault has saved, take it back to VX and get it checked out.

Hope this helps

Comment

What error codes did you get, have you done the pedal test to find out ?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                          What error codes did you get, have you done the pedal test to find out ?
                          Can you do the pedal test on the Corsa???

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                            Sorry but dont know the answer to that one, if the op has a bluefin, he could use that to find the codes ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reidy4862 View Post
                              Yeah the pedal test works on corsa. There's a guide on here somewhere

Comment

Working...
                              X