This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a VXR ...

Have booked a test drive at a vauxhall garage on saturday.

Just wondered if any one could give us some advice.

Looking to buy on finance. Do i buy brand new and get the 3000 off swappage scheme, or do i find one from an independant garage, slightly older, cheaper, less on the finance?

Cheers

Tom

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100344

A guide on the car itself...

As for purchase options... Pass...! Whatever your budget allows and depends on what options you want. Get one build just for you or get one slightly cheaper thats 6 months old... only you can decide that mate
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Yer true, but there are obviously pros and cons for both.

Its a toughie! :S

Would you agree with finance however? Obviously people around me say its bad, some say its best idea ...

Comment

I got mine on finance mate. Drive a good deal and you cant knock it.

mines over 5 years (my choice as ill then be 26 and looking to change to something more.... sensible ) and at the end of 5 years ill pay ~1500 more than the list price of the car....
        sigpic

Comment

Yer my mates advised me to get it on a 3 year deal maybe ... ill have to chat with the guy on saturday

Thanks for your help though mate

Comment

love the car though yer?

Comment

It might be a good idea for you to compare a bank loan. I did it with Nationwide as the interest was 7.9% I think. No car finance can match it. BBBBBUUUUUUUTTTT it's a very personal decision, take other peoples points into consideration but make the final call on what suites you.

Comment

Agree with above..... BUT! with dealer finance the finance is against the car not you,where as personal loan is against you and you have not rights with a personal loan.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by tjbaker91 View Post
                  love the car though yer?
                  Yes

I got a good deal with my dealer () after playing him off against a lease company. Have a look around and think about the residual value of the car at the end of the finance period... works out my finance is <7000 remaining after 3 years... 3 year old Corsa sells for more than 7k = me happy lol
                  sigpic

Comment

There's plenty to try to factor in. If you can guarantee mileage etc, for me my job means I travel anywhere in the world and if I'm at home I'm gonna be driving a lot and so there is one car finance route I can't realistically take.

I'm interested in the rights you mentioned above though?

Comment

The first question you need to ask yourself is .... Is the vxr the car you really want and there would be nothing realistically that you would want otherwise. Of it is the car for you then go for it. If not, and if I'm right there a bit of a pain to get rid on finance.

Mines on finance at 0%. And I put down my old car plus a bit more as a deposit. Has to be at least 5100 iirc.
                      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

The first question you need to ask yourself is .... Is the vxr the car you really want and there would be nothing realistically that you would want otherwise. Of it is the car for you then go for it. If not, and if I'm right there a bit of a pain to get rid on finance.

Mines on finance at 0%. And I put down my old car plus a bit more as a deposit. Has to be at least 5100 iirc.
                        #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

I think it depends on which finance option you take out. I've been looking at PCP so you can choose what deposit you put down, but it means the less the deposit, the more the monthly payments.

I've got a mate whos quite good with this sorta thing so i will be taking him along to try and squeeze as much as i can out of the guy.

Any one know of where to look for second hand vxrs? obviously auto trader, etc. any where else?

Cheers

Comment

Have a look on the for sale section here mate. You could probably get a good idea of who's looked after it from there posts and what not as well which would be handy.
                            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

needs to be on finance though really mate so itd have to be through a dealer ...

Comment

Working...
                              X