This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Springs

I'm going to lower my corsa but I'm quite keen to do it myself just because I enjoy it and because its around £200 to have them fitted. I'm thinking of going for Eibach springs, has anyone tried to fit these or any other spring set themselves? If so, any advice on how to go about it and possibly what kind of equipment you need.

Thanks for any help!

Hi you will need a spring compressor for the front springs apart from that it is quite a straight forward job. If you don't have access to a compressor you could remove the from struts and take them to your local garage and just pay them to change the springs on the struts.

Comment

£85 to do the whole job if you like at griffin autos

Comment

Thanks for the advice! and thanks for the offer but like I said I want to try and do it myself or at least as much of it as I can

Comment

Originally posted by H4RRY View Post
          Thanks for the advice! and thanks for the offer but like I said I want to try and do it myself or at least as much of it as I can
          Drive down to me and I will help u do it and u can borrow my tools

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Your going to do it with him and let him use your tool??

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
              Drive down to me and I will help u do it and u can borrow my tools
              Thanks for the offer mate, very kind of you, but I think I've got most of the tools. Where about you live? Might be asking you to drive to me if i get into a total mess

I take it that you did it to yours? how long did it take you? you have any problems?

Comment

Originally posted by H4RRY View Post
                Thanks for the offer mate, very kind of you, but I think I've got most of the tools. Where about you live? Might be asking you to drive to me if i get into a total mess

I take it that you did it to yours? how long did it take you? you have any problems?
                I'm a mechanic but don't do it for a living anymore easy, took bout 2-choirs to fit coilovers with tea breaks quite often I'm from Lincolnshire pal

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                  Your going to do it with him and let him use your tool??
                  I thought it was only you tommi, who lent your tool to fellas?

Comment

No mate thats you, your boyfriend told me

Comment

No mate thats you, your boyfriend told me
                      Your boyfriend told me! He said your tool wasn't good enough so he went halfords

Comment

Yes you stand correct mate as king DONG works there we had a little competition and he beat me by 0.5 of a ml!! But i had a shrivvvley on

Comment

Yes you stand correct mate as king DONG works there we had a little competition and he beat me by 0.5 of a ml!! But i had a shrivvvley on
                          is it a bit cold up there in yorkie land then pal? I got told king dong wears a strap on and when it's off it measures 0.8mil

Comment

Eyyyyyye its nippy matey bumble you miss heard them mate.. its o.8 metres

Comment

Wondered how this thread had gone to 2 pages, I now know lol. Calm down lads!

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                              I'm a mechanic but don't do it for a living anymore easy, took bout 2-choirs to fit coilovers with tea breaks quite often I'm from Lincolnshire pal
                              Ha ha, o there will be many tea breaks when I do this! lol. Well I'm Leicestershire so not too far if I get into trouble. You may be getting some PM's next week looking a bit like 'SOS!!!!II' or 'HELP!!' lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X