This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a quickie on coolant levels

just topping up my windscreen wash and noticed the coolant was half way below the correct level.... i don't think i have a leak, but is it normal for it to go down so much, theres condensation at the top of the bottle so i'm guessing its just due to the heat?

Corsa VXR now sold

When was the lastime you checked it buddy?? It sounds like it has gone down quite abit, make sure you keep a beedy eye on your coolant levels every couple of days and i you notice it going down there must be a leak as i barely have to top mine up at all. Best to be safe and get it looked at if your unsure mate.

Comment

My Corsa was using quite a bit of coolant then some days it wouldnt use any at all. Turned out i had a Crack in my Radiator which is quite common in the Corsa. Take it to vauxhall and my money is you'll need a new Rad all under warranty though so not to worry.

If you look down towards your fan to the right u might see the little airline fracture or lines wheres its been squirting

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis-vxr View Post
        My Corsa was using quite a bit of coolant then some days it wouldnt use any at all. Turned out i had a Crack in my Radiator which is quite common in the Corsa. Take it to vauxhall and my money is you'll need a new Rad all under warranty though so not to worry.

If you look down towards your fan to the right u might see the little airline fracture or lines wheres its been squirting
        my warranty ran out last month

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
          When was the lastime you checked it buddy?? It sounds like it has gone down quite abit, make sure you keep a beedy eye on your coolant levels every couple of days and i you notice it going down there must be a leak as i barely have to top mine up at all. Best to be safe and get it looked at if your unsure mate.
          can't remember the last time i checked, i'll keep an eye on it over the next week, hopefully its nothing. but i presume it hasent been topped since the last big service over a year and a 9 months ago.

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Butm surely you have checked it over this time priod youngen??

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
              Butm surely you have checked it over this time priod youngen??

i have checked it in the past and i think the level was at the top, how it should be..... i also checked it today after a 50mile drive, the levels havent changed since yesterday.

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
                my warranty ran out last month
                Most decent will pay a substantial amount of te cost as a gesture of food will. It's better you pay at least some of it anyway as you then get another years warranty on those parts.
                #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Working...
                X