This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage 1 and Remus or Stage 2 and Milltek

I need opinions please! I've decided its time to start tinkering under the hood and I can't decide what to do. I'm going to give my car to Thorney for a remap and a new exhaust but I can't decide between a Stage 1 and a Remus or whether to go straight for the Stage 2 and the full Milltek. If money didn't matter this would be a no brainer but the Milltek system would cost about another £500 to have because of the sports cat. Has anybody got or had either of these set ups and if so how did you get on with it? Can you feel a big difference going to stage 2 and is it worth the extra £500?

Thanks for any help!!

My first question is why TMS? Not because i have tuner alliance or want to start a Tuner war but there are others that offer alternatives... Courts with the Piper and Regal with Bastuck, etc...

Secondly, i think any upgrade will be noticeable. If you go Stage 1 now then chose to get exhaust at later date i believe the change in map is free so thats a no brainer....
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

option number 3.. stage 2 and FULL 3" piper with sports cat and one silencer!! FULL being the key word there.

thats what you call a no brainer

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
        option number 3.. stage 2 and FULL 3" piper with sports cat and one silencer!! FULL being the key word there.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by H4RRY View Post
          I need opinions please! I've decided its time to start tinkering under the hood and I can't decide what to do. I'm going to give my car to Thorney for a remap and a new exhaust but I can't decide between a Stage 1 and a Remus or whether to go straight for the Stage 2 and the full Milltek. If money didn't matter this would be a no brainer but the Milltek system would cost about another £500 to have because of the sports cat. Has anybody got or had either of these set ups and if so how did you get on with it? Can you feel a big difference going to stage 2 and is it worth the extra £500?

Thanks for any help!!
          i had stage 1 on remus,which was ok...but i then went to stage 2 with full miltek exhaust which was good....but then i thought f*$k it lets go stage 3 and its even better ha,i have done all mine with TMS and you can feel the difference in every stage,well worth it

Comment

Originally posted by sarah m View Post
            i had stage 1 on remus,which was ok...but i then went to stage 2 with full miltek exhaust which was good....but then i thought f*$k it lets go stage 3 and its even better ha,i have done all mine with TMS and you can feel the difference in every stage,well worth it
            what figures you pushing with stage 3??? saw your car at TV live but didnt have chance to find the owner and have a chat.

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post

Comment

Originally posted by mark1vxr View Post
                what figures you pushing with stage 3??? saw your car at TV live but didnt have chance to find the owner and have a chat.
                my figures were quite low i thought on the TMS rollers it was 228bh it was a well hot day but i hopeing to get her on the rods again soon to see if the heat did make that much difference as they seem to think it would of,but i am impressed with her performance

Comment

Originally posted by Arden VXR View Post

Comment

hi mate. ive had tms stage 1 and 2 with full miltek and there is a massive difference in the two. the torque with a stage 2 is so much more. its quite aggresive with a stage 2. u get out feeling reved up most of the time but smiling non the less.
                    i have a bluefin unit for sale with tms software on so you can have a stage 1 and all the other stages will be free... its been reset as well.
                    £400 ono. save ya self £100

it looks brand new and will do the same job.

defo worth stage 2 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                      My first question is why TMS? Not because i have tuner alliance or want to start a Tuner war but there are others that offer alternatives... Courts with the Piper and Regal with Bastuck, etc...

Secondly, i think any upgrade will be noticeable. If you go Stage 1 now then chose to get exhaust at later date i believe the change in map is free so thats a no brainer....
                      I'm probaly going with TMS because I've spoke to John at TMS in person who I thought was very helpful and has been in any emails I've sent him since and they are about 45 mins from my house instead of about 4 hours to courtney or god knows how long to Regal. I think if Thorney weren't very helpful or the other two were that much better I may think about using them, but its a long way to go.

Yeh your right further maps are free, but I'd like to get an exhaust now while I have a bit of money for it and I would have to replace a remus if i went with that with a stage 1, or at least put a sports cat on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X