Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corsa VXR FEEL I'M BEING MISTREATED :( NEED ADVICE ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa VXR FEEL I'M BEING MISTREATED :( NEED ADVICE ?

Hey guys , looking for a bit of advice so here goes

My Story...
    purchased a corsa VXR 08 2 years ago at "PETER VARDY'S - MOTHERWELL "
    5 weeks ago in the morning i tryed to start it and it took about 3 attempts before it started
    so i phoned peter vardys down on the 16th (fri 2010) and explained tht there was white smoke
    coming from the exhaust and tht it took several attempts to start
    "they said sounds like water in the fuel and tht some supermarket fuel stations are causing this problem ,
    just to DRIVE it over the weekend and bring it down on monday the 19th 2010 .
    i explained that i thought it was more serious than this and that i would bring it down imediatly.

so i dropped the car off FRI 16th 2010 at 4pm . PeterVardy's Motherwell and left the keys
    i get a phone call askin if i had crashed the car or been in an accident . NO
    did u get your car serviced here . NO but i had it serviced Else where so they said it might not be covered by warranty .
    they then said for them to find out if its covered by warranty they need to remove the head and look inside as it seems to
    be internal damage but i could face a £325 bill if its not under warranty just to find out if it is under warranty !!! so i gave
    them the green light to go ahead .

results come back they removed the head and there is damage to #2 bore and the head is buckled and that i need a full new
    engine but it is not covered by warranty because theres been a new radiator fitted. so i asked for this in writing.
    when collecting the report i asked to speak to the mechanic that worked on the car and to point out the damage , he said tht
    it looks like your radiator has went your cooling system has failed and that has caused excess heat to create internal damage .
    " thats a load of bull " he also said my head gasket was blown ..
    the radiator was not leaking when i took it into the garage but its leaking now ...
    he told me he had to seal the expansion bottle to built up pressure to start my engine (something i didnt have to do) and by
    doing so hes blown my radiator because the head gasket was away ! this idiot thinks im an idiot ......

so on the phone to VX customer care (who don't care) ... they said i need to drop off my service book into peter vardy's and
    after that my car will be covered under warranty so i
    took the service book down they photocopy'd it and about a week later i get a phone call from VX customer care .. sorry the cars
    not covered under warranty petter vardy said that theres a new radiator fitted and its not a GM part, my car has never had a radiator
    fitted for the period i have owned the vehical and if it needed a radiator i would have took it to the garage and had them carry out the
    work under warranty as "another failed part" why would a brand new car need a new radiator fitted ? as this will be its 3rd radiator now and
    its not even covered 25k miles !!!

so peter vardy has come back with a £3800 bill for the new engine and work to be carried out and want me to foot the bill or pay the £325
    and collect my car and parts in a carboard box !

i have fully comprehensive insurance .. GAP insurance and manufactuers warranty and have to rely on my insurance
    covering this as the warranty isnt worth the paper its written on !
    other than that i have to get "another loan" on top of the 1 i have for the car this is a hidden extra that should be
    visable to all people considering buying a vauxhall new or used .

does anyone have any advice ? im stumped what to do next ... should i take them to a small claims court or contact the media and shadow
    there company over the internet to let other buyers see what potentially they could face if owning a vauxhall

i am so depressed with vauxhall for allowing the information from these mechanics to be relevent in the claiming of warrantys as they should
    send out an idapendant technition for something so serious as this is something im going to have to foot the bill for .
    Last edited by RedCorsaVxr; 10 August 2010, 06:07 PM.

Mate that sounds shocking, can you not find out previous history from the dealer ? ie; service, warranty issues
    sigpic

V8, not for everyone but 10/10 for your effort.

Comment

Wonder how they prove the radiator is 'non-gm'.... if you cn prove it is then throw it back at em, otherwise you'll need to prove you bought it with that on from them.
      2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
      2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
      Originally posted by Flinty
      as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

who fitted the radiator?

id suggest talking direct to vx customer care! when i heard head and cylinder 2 damage my first thoughts were coolant loss and overheating so their investigation may well be accurate

sigpic

Comment

im the second owner of the car .. they said the radiator was quality tested in 2009 and i bought the car 2008 which means it must have been fitted when i owned the car ... i certainly didnt fit a radiator and if my car needed 1 i know that the radiators are being done under warranty so i would have took it the the garage to be done

Comment

customer services mate! best bet

sigpic

Comment

how do i go about contacting them ?
              Last edited by RedCorsaVxr; 10 August 2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RedCorsaVxr View Post
                ...but i could face a £325 bill if its not under warranty just to find out if it is under warranty !!!
                I'm not laughing at you but that is a very funny quote.

Comment

Originally posted by RedCorsaVxr View Post
                  how do i go about contacting them ?
                  In your original post you say you have contacted them, now I'm confused. If you contact them they should start a case and give you a reference.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                    In your original post you say you have contacted them, now I'm confused. If you contact them they should start a case and give you a reference.
                    i have contacted VX customer care ... not customer service mate

Comment

Might be worth tracking down the previous owner from the V5, if they had the radiator replaced prior to you purchasing it then the dealer sold a car under warranty with inferior parts, which I beleive is against certain rules. worth a try.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Comment

Here is another guy that is dealing with the same DEALERS ..

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100769

Comment

Customer care/services are the same, if you have a problem with a dealership you contact them, they should record the issue and give you a reference.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                            who fitted the radiator?

id suggest talking direct to vx customer care! when i heard head and cylinder 2 damage my first thoughts were coolant loss and overheating so their investigation may well be accurate
                            yeah i thought that 2 but the radiator wasnt leaking when i took it in mate .

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                              Customer care/services are the same, if you have a problem with a dealership you contact them, they should record the issue and give you a reference.
                              dont know what else to say to them mate . there adamant its not under warranty

Comment

Working...
                              X