This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help

i was sitting on idle today as i was letting it cool down, i had no music on and i could hear this knocking noise coming from the engine!

so i opend the bonnet and got out, basically it was coming from the head off the engine ( i think ) and it was making a knocking noise at the same speed as the engine was ticking over! so quite a quick knocking noise!

it wasnt very loud, i had to put my head closer to the engine to hear it!?

what could it be
    ??

This could be extremely unrelated,

I once heard a ever so slight noise that no one else could hear knocking from the engine, that afternoon the engine basically died kicking out White smoke. Turned out to be an injector.

But as I said, could be completely different!
    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

This could be extremely unrelated,

I once heard a ever so slight noise that no one else could hear knocking from the engine, that afternoon the engine basically died kicking out White smoke. Turned out to be an injector.

But as I said, could be completely different!
      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

oh.. cheers for comment mate!

I check every start up if theres smoke and never had any smoke + i check it sometimes while im cooling my car down!..

Comment

See, I said it may be random. To be fair, it could be a loose bolt in there, would be the same sound pattern as the engine yeah?
          #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

dno maybe mate! was same pattern but was a louder kncoking noise!

Comment

I get this sometimes. I think it is the injectors nothing to worry about. If you blip the throttle it should disappear. Mines done it since I brought the car and touch wood it's been fine

Comment

Originally posted by rreith View Post
                I get this sometimes. I think it is the injectors nothing to worry about. If you blip the throttle it should disappear. Mines done it since I brought the car and touch wood it's been fine
                #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

hopefully mate! i herd it ages ago and it and it was quite so i didnt worry to much about it! but it would louder today!

btw hows ur cold start ups?

Comment

Working...
                  X