Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thorney VXR-R / VXR-S...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thorney VXR-R / VXR-S...

    Just wondering if anyone here has one of these amazing VXR's as I have never even heard a mention of one - guessing there arn't many around but surely someone on here must have one?

    Would love to see some pics if they do!

    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

  • #2
    Only ever heard of 2 Astras - never heard of even one Corsa being done?

    Astra

    Comment


    • #3
      i seen one at the sportmaxx still being driven by someone from thorneys!

      Last edited by randomgary; 11 August 2010, 03:49 AM.

      sigpic


      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by IanJ View Post
        Only ever heard of 2 Astras - never heard of even one Corsa being done?
        Interesting that Ian! They do look incredible, a special edition in their own right. I'm off to bed now - oh how the time flies when you are browsing the net looking at VXRs!
        Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
        Check out my full video review *HERE*

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jps View Post
          Just wondering if anyone here has one of these amazing VXR's as I have never even heard a mention of one - guessing there arn't many around but surely someone on here must have one?

          Would love to see some pics if they do!

          There's 100 of each. Corsa Vxr-R-25, corsa Vxr-S-25, astra Vxr-R-25, astra Vxr-S-25

          There was a astra Vxr-R on here a few months ago but it got stolen I don't think there is a corsa tho. When I rang thorney a couple of months ago they said they hadn't sold a corsa and were still taking orders to build them. For the 22500k that could build you alot more than 235bhp from regal and buy a brand new corsa


          Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
            There's 100 of each. Corsa Vxr-R-25, corsa Vxr-S-25, astra Vxr-R-25, astra Vxr-S-25

            There was a astra Vxr-R on here a few months ago but it got stolen I don't think there is a corsa tho. When I rang thorney a couple of months ago they said they hadn't sold a corsa and were still taking orders to build them. For the 22500k that could build you alot more than 235bhp from regal and buy a brand new corsa

            they planned on 100 max but built them to order! dont think many were ordered

            Last edited by randomgary; 11 August 2010, 03:49 AM.

            sigpic


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by randomgary View Post
              they planned on 100 max but built them to order! dont think many were ordered

              that pic of Michael Barrymore is funny

              So is there a corsa other than thorneys then? I remember seein a astra on autotrader a few months back


              Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jps View Post
                Interesting that Ian! They do look incredible, a special edition in their own right. I'm off to bed now - oh how the time flies when you are browsing the net looking at VXRs!
                That was open to debate when they were announced - although tuned to suit the more hardcore driver it was never going to carry the Kudos of an official effort so to speak

                Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                There's 100 of each. Corsa Vxr-R-25, corsa Vxr-S-25, astra Vxr-R-25, astra Vxr-S-25

                There was a astra Vxr-R on here a few months ago but it got stolen I don't think there is a corsa tho. When I rang thorney a couple of months ago they said they hadn't sold a corsa and were still taking orders to build them. For the 22500k that could build you alot more than 235bhp from regal and buy a brand new corsa
                As Gary says planned to do lots but only a couple made it out there as far as we know and I don't think JT ever furnished the full numbers sold?
                Price and timing would have played apart of it - considering the financial situation that's been going on

                Astra

                Comment


                • #9
                  Do vauxhall know about these cars then or isit just thorney that's decided to make them?


                  Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    they are thorney special! courtenay have the sprint and regal the rss

                    sigpic


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                      they are thorney special! courtenay have the sprint and regal the rss
                      Thorney offer a certificate with their Vxr-R/S range tho. None of the others do! That's probably why thorney are charging 22500k for a corsa I can't justify that! I would so much rather go regal or Courtney. Courtney charge more than regal for the 300bhp conversion tho


                      Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        These really are special looking VXR's. It is just a shame not more people have bought into these. Maybe it is the price that it is just a bit too high! I know if I could I would have one.
                        Drives 888 Coupe No.6

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by randomgary View Post
                          they are thorney special! courtenay have the sprint and regal the rss
                          Thorney ones look tarted up.

                          Courtenays ones look alot better!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Steve C View Post
                            These really are special looking VXR's. It is just a shame not more people have bought into these. Maybe it is the price that it is just a bit too high! I know if I could I would have one.
                            Couldn't agree more. I think they are probably the best looking VXR's out there. Don't think they are over the top, just look like a very fast hot hatch!

                            To be fair.....the VXR-S is £18,295 and still has:
                            0-60mph: 5.8 Seconds
                            Top Speed: 150 MPH
                            Max. BHP: 220 BHP
                            Max. Torque: 250 ft/lbs

                            For over £4k less than the VXR-R this seems like the best one to go for. Out of interest....do they still make them if you want one?
                            Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                            Check out my full video review *HERE*

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jps View Post
                              Couldn't agree more. I think they are probably the best looking VXR's out there. Don't think they are over the top, just look like a very fast hot hatch!

                              To be fair.....the VXR-S is £18,295 and still has:
                              0-60mph: 5.8 Seconds
                              Top Speed: 150 MPH
                              Max. BHP: 220 BHP
                              Max. Torque: 250 ft/lbs

                              For over £4k less than the VXR-R this seems like the best one to go for. Out of interest....do they still make them if you want one?
                              TMS Stage 2 Figures.

                              Milltek System and map. I also think the figure theyve quoted is a little lower that what the car will really push out.

                              My car was a stage 2 tms. Dishing out 230bhp and 250ft/lb of torque.
                              Last edited by DAIR; 11 August 2010, 01:14 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X