Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I find this hard to believe....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I find this hard to believe....

    Just browsing eBay and saw this.... Link

    "the corsa never gets taken above 2.5k revs"

    Sorry if it's someone on here selling this Corsa VXR but who on earth owns a VXR without revving over 2,500rpm?! Would totally defeat the object of owning one and enjoying what it can do?.....
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

  • #2
    Put together with

    "The car has the optional upgrade 18s and the rare climate control. There are also a few extras such as janspeed boost gauge, courtney pannel filter, cool running thermostat and a milltek back box which just gives a slightly deaper tone the way it should have sounded as standard"

    and

    "excellent car just dosnt get the use it deserves not too bad on fuel either gets 44.5mpg on a run"

    Backbox but never barked and diesel mpg... possible though i guess...
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

    PSN: TomFL12

    Comment


    • #3
      Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
      Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
      Check out my full video review *HERE*

      Comment


      • #4
        My car hasnt been taken above 4000rpm for qouite some time now
        Corsa Has Left The Building

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nath View Post
          My car hasnt been taken above 4000rpm for qouite some time now
          Bit different to 2500 though mate! lol

          Atleast 4k is still a half decent run through the revs!
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

          PSN: TomFL12

          Comment


          • #6
            Seller is clearly have a bubble!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
              Bit different to 2500 though mate! lol

              Atleast 4k is still a half decent run through the revs!
              Thats me indicating that though mate, it could mean that i dont eve go near it, 2500rpm is a sensible drive theres a few people round here who owns a corsa vxr n they granny shift every where so it is possible for people to do that
              Corsa Has Left The Building

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Nath View Post
                Thats me indicating that though mate, it could mean that i dont eve go near it, 2500rpm is a sensible drive theres a few people round here who owns a corsa vxr n they granny shift every where so it is possible for people to do that
                But why get a VXR to do that? Why not just get a 1.2/1.4 with the VXR body kit? I know it's personal choice but just seems like a waste of money.

                Just the way this guy said he never takes it above 2.5k seems odd to me, I fail to believe it.
                Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                Check out my full video review *HERE*

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jps View Post
                  But why get a VXR to do that? Why not just get a 1.2/1.4 with the VXR body kit? I know it's personal choice but just seems like a waste of money.

                  Just the way this guy said he never takes it above 2.5k seems odd to me, I fail to believe it.
                  Dont have a clue mate its exsactly the same at my last work place, the owner buys the top of the range Jag XKR and he just plods a long doesnt give it any beans cause i ask his son. I think people just like to either drive in style or just think its a car to get from A to B
                  Corsa Has Left The Building

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I wouldn't buy it, Its had the nuts revved off of it.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by oillite View Post
                      I wouldn't buy it, Its had the nuts revved off of it.
                      Lmao

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        lives nr me and it has
                        VXR8 LS2 6.0 Auto... Nickel silver build 0087

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "There are also a few extras such as janspeed boost gauge, courtney pannel filter, cool running thermostat and a milltek back box which just gives a slightly deaper tone the way it should have sounded as standard."

                          I find it very hard to believe that they have done the above and yet drive around slowly!!! It's like being married to Kelly Brook and saying that you haven't touched her and she's still a virgin

                          PS: He forgot to blank out the reg on one of the pictures
                          Last edited by Avo; 12 August 2010, 06:43 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Think the ad your reffering to is mine lol. It dose get taken above 2.5k off coarse it dose it gets taken to the red line and driven how it should be even had it at top speed on a few late night motorway runs. But only on a weekend monday to friday is spent taking the boss (girlfriends dad) to work and back. So i carnt drive it quick or i get the girlfriend complaining that i'am driving irrisponsibily with her dad in the car risking life and limb and all that hence driving around at 2.5k and short shifting everywhere.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jamieruck View Post
                              Think the ad your reffering to is mine lol. It dose get taken above 2.5k off coarse it dose it gets taken to the red line and driven how it should be even had it at top speed on a few late night motorway runs. But only on a weekend monday to friday is spent taking the boss (girlfriends dad) to work and back. So i carnt drive it quick or i get the girlfriend complaining that i'am driving irrisponsibily with her dad in the car risking life and limb and all that hence driving around at 2.5k and short shifting everywhere.
                              But your advert is not only misleading but full of BS....

                              Think you might need to change it mate.
                              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                              sigpic
                              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                              South East Regional Organiser

                              PSN: TomFL12

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X